Do you plan to start Beekeeping this year ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bees and a site to stay with our caravan, not sure the other half will agree, but never mind :)

I spent the afternoon drafting out the syllabus.

I thought ?175 for the two days including accommodation and breakfast.

PH

hi i am starting bee keeping after serching the web and talking to our local farms i was lucky an found an x bee keeper who has given me all his gear from hives to extractor,i attended a basic course in chelmsford,i work on a large farm so locating a quiet spot isnt a problem,i just need to find some nucs for sale neer to me (stevenage) i hope to start with 3 hives my first year is this to much.

Hi all

I should be getting a full national hive by the end of the month, which I am going to transfer to a Langstroth, should I put a dummy board in the lang to encourage them to draw comb?

Thanks

John

I would not bother,just give them a feed and let them get on with it.
You need a dummy board for warmth/brood expansion not the drawing out of comb.

Hello All,

My first post on this great forum.

Me and my wife are going to the beginners course next Saturday near Southport, any other newbies on here going?

We have not bought any equipment as yet, but I'm considering Nationals or commercials.

I intend to keep two hives to begin with at the back of our garden, which is about 120ft X 30ft with neighbours either side and the back.

Then intend to expand (in a few years) and have several more hives at my mother-in-laws garden which is huge and situated about a mile away from us.

I would like your opinions and any feed back on the above.

Regards Repy.

Latest posts

Back