Do not open if you have a delicate constitution.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 ish
My most disgusting bee keeping experience ever! Do not read on if you are eating......or are in any way squeamish......you have been warned.

I was suited up this afternoon with a few angry bees around my head when I needed to vomit. What to do? Open veil and get stung? Chuck up in veil? Swallow it? Run away to safe place whilst holding vomit?:eek:

Cazza

If you are disgusted....you were warned.

I know a couple of people who have experienced a similar urge whilst scuba diving. I'm told it really isn't pretty.

James

I was suited up this afternoon with a few angry bees around my head when I needed to vomit. What to do? Open veil and get stung? Chuck up in veil? Swallow it? Run away to safe place whilst holding vomit?:eek:

...go on... the suspense is killing.
Which did you do?

I'd go for the run away option if I could.

My RIP first husband was a journalist and one job was to fly with the red arrows.
Yep...............all inside his helmet.
The pilot said most day trippers did.
At least with a beesuit you can pull the neck out and fill your boots!

I have been here and I simply ran away whilst opening the suite. I did t get far though before I was out of the suite and thankfully didn't get stung.

...go on... the suspense is killing.
Which did you do?

I'd go for the run away option if I could.

I ran as fast as my fat legs would carry me until Mrs Persistent had disappeared (50 yds.) I will be applying for the Olympic sprint team in due course.
C

Get some better tempered bees perhaps,just incase it becomes a regular occurance.

I know a couple of people who have experienced a similar urge whilst scuba diving. I'm told it really isn't pretty.James

It's common-ish with SCUBA as the air you swallow at depth expands as you rise, sometimes too fast to burp it away. Other times you are unlucky. In my old club one woman vomited on or just after every dive. If that were me, I'd find another hobby.

You get two choices - you can vomit through your regulator (the ting in your mouth), or take the regulator out. Neither is a fun experience. People seem to have a post vomit reflex to breath in, which means you either get a mouthful of your own vomit back, or you inhale seawater.

On the plus side, the fish love it, and loads will appear from nowhere to feed on the stuff your body no longer wants.

I know a couple of people who have experienced a similar urge whilst scuba diving. I'm told it really isn't pretty.

James

Done it in a Kirby- Morgan hard hat ... not nice !

Buddy threw up U/W in an AGA full face..... got him to surface from 25M... Not so Controlled buoyant lift... EAR on surface as he had stopped breathing... got him coughing...

D.O. on boat then asked me what he had had for breakfast... "beef sausages by the taste of it" I replied... everyone on boat vomited!

They had to hose me out of my drysuit as I had Sh*t meself... buddy was put on oxygen and chopperd away to DDRC in Derriford
NOT an experience I would want to repeat!!

Chucking up in a beesuit even if I got stinged would be a walk in the park... still not nice tho!!!

It's common-ish with SCUBA as the air you swallow at depth expands as you rise, sometimes too fast to burp it away. Other times you are unlucky. In my old club one woman vomited on or just after every dive. If that were me, I'd find another hobby.

You get two choices - you can vomit through your regulator (the ting in your mouth), or take the regulator out. Neither is a fun experience. People seem to have a post vomit reflex to breath in, which means you either get a mouthful of your own vomit back, or you inhale seawater.

On the plus side, the fish love it, and loads will appear from nowhere to feed on the stuff your body no longer wants.

Done that so many times and got so many really good photos of the sealife straight after. lol

In a career, in a galaxy far away I was working with a group of blokes who by their profession are not allowed to leave their position. There was only a urinal. One bloke needed to evacuate his bowel. Because he was an unpleasant fellow no one would let him leave the building to go to the sit down toilets next door. So he had to remain with inches of space becoming mm and then touching cloth. A pleading begging rant began all to no avail.

So, angry yet beaten he shat his overalls. Then he walked calmly over to to the urinal, hoisted his foot into the bowl and tooth paste tube like, squeezed his contents out through his trouserleg and into the bowl. Walking away triumphant but fudgy.

How far can this thread go

All I can add is a rememberance of a colleague on survey in the tees on a boat with no facilities ie. a***e over the side, who needed to 'go' and the seagulls following the trail and feeding in a frenzy.
This can't get worse can it?
P.
ps. just shows what interesting lives we have all led!

Last edited:
To OP what was possible cause of need to vomit?

What time of day?

Has cloud a silver lining or a dodgy curry to blame!!!

Simplest of all is to swallow it back down ..... It's not as bad as it sounds ;)

Dogs often do it,but then they also enjoy eating poo,especially if they think they can lick your face afterwards.

Hivemaker said:
Dogs often do it,but then they also enjoy eating poo,especially if they think they can lick your face afterwards.
Yeh, LOL. A ready made warm meal.
Mine was more a case of necessity than opportunism

:puke:

James

Last time I did this was August, in Shark Alley on the Great Barrier Reef.

You just get on with it and do it. The worry was that the sudden gathering shoals might attract the sharks. Not that they worry divers, but they can knock you about. Made me a hit with my buddies, mind.

Latest posts

Back