Did I miss winter ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
50+. Double Std National & 14x12
Did I miss winter ?

Whats with the weather........again.
The short, medium and long range forecasts barely show a frost for my area over the coming weeks. Whilst I appreciate that accuracy is lost further ahead than 7 - 10 days what is shown is mild 6-12c and mostly dry.
A week or so ago the media was talking of a 3 month mini ice age.

Shortest day in less than a couple of weeks, 6 weeks from now the queen will be laying like mad...........then it will probably snow !

When to oxallic............., monitoring boards are in so will check and may decide to leave it depending on count and or weather.

Did I miss winter ?

Whats with the weather........again.
The short, medium and long range forecasts barely show a frost for my area over the coming weeks. Whilst I appreciate that accuracy is lost further ahead than 7 - 10 days what is shown is mild 6-12c and mostly dry.
A week or so ago the media was talking of a 3 month mini ice age.

Shortest day in less than a couple of weeks, 6 weeks from now the queen will be laying like mad...........then it will probably snow !

When to oxallic............., monitoring boards are in so will check and may decide to leave it depending on count and or weather.

Well the met office last week did warn us of a severely cold winter starting last weekend so what did you expect!

It's Global Warming : which also accounted for the prior three years cold winters...

Let's not wish something upon us ... I am just grateful that I'm not knee deep in snow, mud, ice or being blown off my feet ... may it continue like this until March when spring will bloom into a modest heatwave before summer starts at Easter and lasts till November ... like it always used to be as a kid in Yorkshire.... Or is my memory failing ?

Hmmmm ... 1963 ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...inters-ever-8945584.html?action=gallery&ino=1

I remember ## 1963.. 10 to 12 foot snowdrifts outside our house in wildest NE Scotland. Schoolfriend had pictures of drift covering their bungalow..

Usual ice on insides of windows.. Central heating did not exist of course..

## on a good day when dementia is under control...and I don't drop saliva over the keyboard...

Latest posts

Back