Development

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PH there is nothing offensive about the word gay,which is one of the words i used,and how they themselves describe themselves to others. Not near as bad as your repulsive swear words the other evening describing the lower parts of a ladys anatomy on a forum,that was disgusting.sounds similar to me of something like kettle,pot,and black,but i don't use the foul swear words that you chose.
As for the word poof,how comes a bbc programe is on every week with four poofs and a piano,Jonathan Ross. but i was pointing out the fact of what chemicals are doing to animals,insects and fish,that includes us,believe it or not.

Last edited:
Bee rearcher Downunder from Australia writes"Drone quality is extremely variable. Good prepared drones like I've mentioned make the semen collection process smoother. Some drones just simply don't have any sperm. It can often take 15-50 drones per queen depending on you level of preparation."

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,4439.0.html

He had written too that spermatecha of the queen has big clumps of dead sperm when they have researched it.

Hello from the sunny island,

He had written too that spermatecha of the queen has big clumps of dead sperm when they have researched it.
This is no surprise at all even though it came from a country with low chemical use. Maybe they are using Chinese wax.

Another possible problem is infections with Wolbachia or similar bacteria - a google search wll give you a better idea about these. We have seen problems in populations of butterflies with a large disparity between the sex ratio - these bacteria only affect the males and can make the male butterflies sterile. In some cases the rarity of the males leads to female butterflies mating with other species and producing hybrid offspring.
Best regards
Norton.

I don't undertsnad where the question is directed - but when we look at all this going on around us it makes you wonder where we are headed as a species. I've been a beekeeper since 1976 and pre-varroa/miticides/chemicals we didn't have these probelms and keeping bees was of course very easy!
Best regards
Norton

Latest posts

Back