Demaree method

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still got 13 frames roughly of brood and at present. Just having a look at my options

That much brood needs quite a pile supers, 4-6, and more honey. I bet, that the hive swarms too.

I think that you do not know what your options are. You have too few experience. And the guys of this forum have advices you all the time to wrong direction in the lack of information about your hive.

Demaree is not the solution now. The big picture is that 13 frames of brood means, that the colony grows rabidly. The hive needs new room first of all for bees and secondly for honey.

You have double brood. And how many supers you have?

Last edited:
Which then brings the threads back to my post #2.
As put... only an exercise for the curious.

What to do with no extraction option?
The frames could always be stored as food for colony development or
supplement in extended dearth... throw them into a sealed container with
a handfull of C02 pellets for 24hrs, check seal after and stack away.
Keep for months like so if crystalisation does not set in on the honey type.

Bill

No sense in this recipe.....

That much brood needs quite a pile supers, 4-6, and more honey. I bet, that the hive swarms too.

I think that you do not know what your options are. You have too few experience. And the guys of this forum have advices you all the time to wrong direction in the lack of information about your hive.

Demaree is not the solution now. The big picture is that 13 frames of brood means, that the colony grows rabidly. The hive needs new room first of all for bees and secondly for honey.

You have double brood. And how many supers you have?

Well yes I know that’s what this forum is about :) learn from my mistakes I can’t be perfect all the time that would be boring! It’s much like when I have a new carpentry apprentice you forget how something YOU think is so obvious can be so hard for someone new.

My other 2 I only swapped a few so think they will be fine

The hive has 3 suppers and 1 put of foundation put on at the weekend

Latest posts

Back