Dead bees.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MODNOD

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Picked up 16 dead bees befor leaving work, thought i may have a look under the microscope.
I put them in a sealed plastic bag, any way the did not like being dead and are now very much alive bee-smillieand not very happy :mad: at the moment they are having a :grouphug:

I love sealable plastic bags.

mod

If you'd watched "Master and Commander" you'd have known to put a needle through their proboscis before that final deep six!

rich

I did that not long ago picked up a "dead" bee with full pollen baskets that had dropped down in the grass. Picked it up put it on the car dash board as I wanted to show my son, got home took it in the house, some hours passed went to look at it again picked it up and the blessed thing started moving around. Very strange I guess she must have been really really cold, gave me a shock though lol.

I did that not long ago picked up a "dead" bee with full pollen baskets that had dropped down in the grass. Picked it up put it on the car dash board as I wanted to show my son, got home took it in the house, some hours passed went to look at it again picked it up and the blessed thing started moving around. Very strange I guess she must have been really really cold, gave me a shock though lol.

Mine revived in the land rover on the way home, for a minute i thought it had developed a problem or at least a new sound, then it clicked, so glad i had sealed the bag.

Yesterday, there were lots of bees with pollen on their knees crashed on the cold ground in front of their hive on their return journey. I partly filled two sweet plates with bees and, after covering with Cling Film, put them on a radiator for ten minutes. Sufficiently warmed up the buzzing bees were poured onto the landing board to continue their journey.
:party:

Mine revived in the land rover on the way home, for a minute i thought it had developed a problem or at least a new sound, then it clicked, so glad i had sealed the bag.

I thought that was part of the fun of "Landy's"......

Playing "guess the new noise before something fell off / went crunch / went bang / stopped / started / dripped oil / smelt of burning" or was that just my dear old Series III? :driving:

:sifone:

I thought that was part of the fun of "Landy's"......

Playing "guess the new noise before something fell off / went crunch / went bang / stopped / started / dripped oil / smelt of burning" or was that just my dear old Series III? :driving:

:sifone:

I'm surprised you got it warm enough in a landy :D[/QUOTE

I am shocked that you could even think such thoughts let alone put them in writing on a open forum :biggrinjester:

Latest posts

Back