Damn Wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a nest in the roof of the bike sheds ( no innuendos please lol ;) ) one part of the wooden roof has fallen a bit leaving a nice gap to a well sheltered home for the nasty little theiving rotten ugly little things :cuss: How would you deal with them? They seem to be going in and out of the corner part where it has fell, but there are two sides of a square to get in, if you know what I mean. I informed the head last week, the kids go back this Monday. I am saying nothing about that subject ( zipped lips ) I know it has to be down to the school to do it, but humour me.

Ah, idea, I might suggest they let my eager helper do it :reddevil:, (not really lol)

Get a tin of "Raid" wasp killer, or "Nippon" and dose the entrance.

Put your bee suit on when you do it.

There was some great advice on another thread which we followed today for our 5 hives at work. [We have a very bad wasp problem].

I bought some rat glue, spread it on large bits of card with some strawberry jam lure and placed the cards in front of the hives. Within 1 hour we had caught probably between 50-100 wasps on each card, and obviously not a single bee....very satisfying. We used filing cabinet hangers which were great as you can fold them in half and squish the wasps and glue when you want to dispose of them.

We also used bottles of banana skins, vinegar, sugar and water and these are also very effective.

bee-smillie

I saw a bee tackle a wasp in flight today...

Latest posts

Back