cut comb sizes and prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi all,

at my apiary in the woods, my plan is to only take cut comb, I bought a cutter,packaging and stickers from THO**** but have noticed that most american you tube video's show comb being cut into 1lb wedges, where as the cutter and packaging I have is for 8oz

do other cut comb sellers here do 1lb or 8oz?
and if a jar of honey sells at around £6, should I be selling 8oz of comb for £3 ??
I've worked out I could get 63 wedges from a commercial super, so even at £3 it would be a good return

8oz here and sell for £6.00
Not much for me this year as bees have been silly in drawing the thin foundation. Most of it is in waves.

I'm guessing that a lot of people sell their honey in 12oz jars??????
Therefore at £5.00 for 12 oz that makes 8oz approx £3.30 ..plus add a bit for novelty attraction..

cheers all,

I have just extracted around 70lb from two supers from two hives we have in the garden, took nearly all day to do, and made me realise that cut comb is the way to go.

we have put it into 4oz and 8oz hexagonal jars,

hi all,

if a jar of honey sells at around £6, should I be selling 8oz of comb for £3 ??

Cut comb normally sells for the equivalent of twice its weight of extracted honey, hence £6.00 per 8oz of cut comb, comparable to 1lb of runny hunny. You don't get to use the comb again....

should I be selling 8oz of comb for £3 ??

Our first go at cut comb last weekend (using 8oz clear cartons they look great)

A popular local shop bought all we had at £4 each and are selling on at £6 - flying off the shelf apparently

I need to find a local farmers market and sell direct next year

the brood is still in it i have moved the box up now by adding a super. its only like 4 cells deep on bottom. was preparing them for heather but they took off like a rocket.
should i see how it looks ? but there's nothing wrong other than asthetics?

the brood is still in it i have moved the box up now by adding a super. its only like 4 cells deep on bottom. was preparing them for heather but they took off like a rocket.
should i see how it looks ? but there's nothing wrong other than asthetics?

if its only four cells, cut above them, leave that bit for the bees to clean up, if your using an 8oz cutter, you have room all round

thanks for that containers arrived today but not started slicing yet. need some jared honey first as have back orders, will hold it back for the up sell. do u guys store it in freezer?

Latest posts

Back