Cut Comb Packaging

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryBee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all

Am thinking abut honey packaging, just in case I have sufficient honey in due course! Have ordered jars and lids, but fancy trying to get some cut comb also and don't like the traditional "softer" type plastic packaging that seems readily available.

Anyone know where I can get hold of the cut comb boxes that have a hard white plastic bottom and a clear top - where you put tape around the middle of them to secure them shut - like the ones used by Hilltop honey (other suppliers available!) for example. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Hi all

Am thinking abut honey packaging, just in case I have sufficient honey in due course! Have ordered jars and lids, but fancy trying to get some cut comb also and don't like the traditional "softer" type plastic packaging that seems readily available.

Anyone know where I can get hold of the cut comb boxes that have a hard white plastic bottom and a clear top - where you put tape around the middle of them to secure them shut - like the ones used by Hilltop honey (other suppliers available!) for example. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Any suggestions?
Email Hilltop and ask where they get theirs from?
You could be cheeky and ask them to sell you some :)

Hi all

Any suggestions?
Buy ours from Masies http://www.bees-online.co.uk/detail.asp?ID=468&a=8oz_Cut_Comb_Containers__and__Lids

S

Thanks all for the helpful replies.

Have tried emailing HillTop but no joy so far.

Looked at USA suppliers, but as you say cost makes them prohibitive I think.

Will try Measom and see what their costs are like.

The Yemen honey looks fab.

And not keen on Masie's box, but could use if other avenues fail.

Thanks all once again - this should be the easier part of beekeeping shouldn't it!

And not keen on Masie's box, but could use if other avenues fail.
Maisies are the standard cut comb soft plastic with clear lids...you might try putting them in a nice cardboard container like these and then they really look nice and professional.
Throens do a crystal clear harder plastic container. I like them but they are slightly bigger than the standard ones and using a cut comb cutter gives chunks that are smaller than the container so it looks mean.

Hi all

Any suggestions?

Maisemores do them so do Thornes

Latest posts

Back