Cray for help:Tapotement.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dro

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I come back with a question about :Tapotement.
Seeing the clip with this Tapotement http://youtu.be/_DuwXKsRdkE I want you to try to explane to me what this mean.
Do help me.

yes, seen it done to move a bee colony from a chimney up into a skep hive

i think on the video the skep hive on the bottom is full of brood and honey and the noise and the drumming vibrations makes the bees move upwards into the empty skep hive on the top

the honey in the old bottom skep can then be harvested

Last edited:
MM - perhaps you could get together with VM and try drumming the colony out of that "is it capped? isn't it capped?" chimney!!!!

MM - perhaps you could get together with VM and try drumming the colony out of that "is it capped? isn't it capped?" chimney!!!!
Do we use Cold knife technique or paint stripper ?

VM
PS I do a mean para diddle :biggrinjester:

It's very similar to the noise we hear coming from some young people's cars.
Just goes to show how they dont need to spend all that money and cut the rear parcel shelf about.

Irritating to me and probably the bees too!! I thought tapotement was something we use in hairdressing, a light tapping on the scalp with all five finger during a scalp massage ! drumming with sticks ? might try it on my clients :biggrinjester:to see if they like it and charge them an extra couple of quid :)

Latest posts

Back