Cq cq cq

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have held a class A license since 1978

Not quite accurate. You held a class A license rom 1978 until it became a Full Licence a few years back. BR68 was buried at that time.

G0PAi - rarely work HF these days, ex RAF telegraphist, and tend to work 2m and 70cm FM and SSB.

Looking to track university cubesats and report back the telemetry, with antennas controlled by Picaxe chips. The same ones that will be monitoring some honeybee colony temperatures this winter.

So I downloaded Hamsphere and its funny listening to them chatting away to themselves over a deliberately distorted fake radio channel.
:biggrinjester:

I will go off and find a thread to read that interests me; after I point out what is wrong in the above statement:biggrinjester:

Have fun guys.

Thanks to all who have replied.

I'm sure there's still more beekeeping radio amateurs out there. :)

If any of you fancy having a chat on the radio then please PM me so we can arrange a mutually convenient time and agree on a frequency and mode (sorry I don't do CW, but can do SSB or pretty much any data mode).

If a few of you are interested we could always have a go at an informal net if propagation conditions are favourable.

73 de Tom MI0IOU

One of my sons is into AR I attend club meetings as the chaparone

I dont understand any of the chat or technical stuff -hes now studying for his advanced but he has to come to bee club as payback !!

One of my sons is into AR I attend club meetings as the chaparone

I dont understand any of the chat or technical stuff -hes now studying for his advanced but he has to come to bee club as payback !!

I wish him all the best and I hope he passes!

It does get pretty technical at the advanced level, and there's a lot of jargon to learn as well, but it's a great hobby and like beekeeping you meet a lot of nice people along the way.

Latest posts

Back