Cpc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDWOOD

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Just to remind those who drive a lorry for hire & reward you will need to have completed A CPC course from midnight tonight

If you ask me it's just another tax, I sat for 40 hours in a class room over five days and learned jack sh!t. It would have been more beneficial to drivers if they where all put on a first aid course

If you ask me it's just another tax, I sat for 40 hours in a class room over five days and learned jack sh!t. It would have been more beneficial to drivers if they where all put on a first aid course

AND ... You have to do at least 35 hours of training in another five years to keep it valid ... jobs for the boys I think !! If you can't do it, teach it, if you can't teach it, manage it - if you can't manage it - BECOME A CONSULTANT !

My boss is adamant that I don't need it but reading the .gov papers I do, well lets say there are a lot of grey areas that even the traffic commissioner can't answer, VOSA have some idea but they are under the impression that it will be all sorted when they start prosecuting drivers and it goes to a court of law, too late if you ask me when I have to loose a days pay and all the anxiety of waiting to go to court and at the end of it I could end up paying a £1000 pound fine and points on my license so I paid for it myself, biggest waste of money I have ever spent

Serious waste of time, day 1 was informative the the rest we so repetitive it was unreal.

I really hoped I would learn something from it but alas I didn't.

The idea is good some where but the content and delivery is extremely poor. And not all eu members have opted in so are they now allied to drive on our roads? I suspect they will just let them anyway.

looks like a piece of legislation that panders to the misconceptions of probability and that all action is governed by concious rational thought.

turns out I have "aquired rights" as I passed my test in 1982.
A long succession of driving licence changes, each time acquiring subtle increases in entitlement, means I now have C1E D1E groups.
This allows me to drive an up to 8250kg lorry, or a minibus up to 16 passengers, both optionally with trailers. I once hired an 8 ton lorry to do a house move from Germany to England.

What vehicle did I pass my test in to get this?

a Fiat 500 :icon_204-2:

On my former licence I was permitted to drive a steam powered road vehicle not exceeding ten tons but I see that this group appears to be missing from my present licence .... I'm very old ... I'm a little disappointed - does this now mean that I have to pass another test in order to drive a steam traction engine ?

On my former licence I was permitted to drive a steam powered road vehicle not exceeding ten tons but I see that this group appears to be missing from my present licence .... I'm very old ... I'm a little disappointed - does this now mean that I have to pass another test in order to drive a steam traction engine ?

I used to have a red cardboard backed licence which amongst other things allowed me to drive a heavy locomotive

turns out I have "aquired rights" as I passed my test in 1982.
A long succession of driving licence changes, each time acquiring subtle increases in entitlement, means I now have C1E D1E groups.
This allows me to drive an up to 8250kg lorry, or a minibus up to 16 passengers, both optionally with trailers. I once hired an 8 ton lorry to do a house move from Germany to England.

What vehicle did I pass my test in to get this?

a Fiat 500 :icon_204-2:

Correct, but to drive it for hire & reward which includes taking cubs on their annual summer trip (if they pay subs) you still need a drivers CPC

I used to have a red cardboard backed licence which amongst other things allowed me to drive a heavy locomotive

That's the one I had to trade in for a bit of plastic and a piece of green paper ! Much less character and no steam powered class in it !!

Latest posts

Back