CountryFile

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobsBees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 Apiaries. 17 Hives. 0 Nuc
Honeybees on BBC1 Countryfile Tonight.

It's on sometime in the week again I think (or I might be thinking of the proper farming programme in Welsh) but definitely on again next Sunday morning.
Also they are dealing with neonics in a few weeks time

Hives being placed in a Perry Pear orchard that was carpeted in dandelions.

Pear blossom - Dandelions which will get the most attention?

Thanks for the heads up BB. Thought one of the hives was much more active than the other...

One must remember that this is theatre orchestrated by "BA in English journalists" working for a pittance for the BBC !

It's pretty baa~lambs frolicking around in the Spring sunshine........
all is well in the countryside....

Must go.. got to change into my smock and stand by the farm gate sucking on a straw... there's a townie tourist coming :icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

The bit I found interesting was that the farmer said that the other pollinators were not pollinating the trees as well as they did in the past and now he sees the need for bees. Or at least thats how I understood it.

The best bit was the farmer's name - Farmer.
I guess his parents wanted to drop a subtle hint about career choices.

The best bit was the farmer's name - Farmer.
I guess his parents wanted to drop a subtle hint about career choices.

I know a sheep farmer here called Farmer :D
Not the same chap, though.

Just watched it. It can't have been filmed this year, was it a couple of years ago?

A couple of things caught my attention. The first was at the beginning where he (Matt?) said that UK honey bee numbers have dropped by 50%. Where do they get this data?

Second thing was when the bees were opened up (about 33 minutes into the programme) - Gareth Baker took off a well propolised queen excluder that had obviously been on over winter.

A couple of things caught my attention. The first was at the beginning where he (Matt?) said that UK honey bee numbers have dropped by 50%. Where do they get this data?

About late April 2013

You mean there's two farmers called Farmer - amazing!!!

Anyone know a good gynaecologist's name?

You mean there's two farmers called Farmer - amazing!!!

Anyone know a good gynaecologist's name?

There's a great rugby union player called Billy Twelvetrees.

Apparently, when his parents married, his father took the distaff surname.........

............ he's a tree surgeon!

Dusty

A friend had bladder cancer (ok now) but his surgeon was called Mr Dick and pushed cameras up places that makes you cross your legs :eek:

Back