Copper strips?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How copper makes a difference between bad and good animal?
It poisons bad animals and saves good ones.

Same with herbs: why herbs kill bad bugs and makes good bugs healthier.

I think that lenghtening of day is doing something to the forum what we do not kow yet.
Time will show.

I go to take my pills. .....Blood pressure...

How copper makes a difference between bad and good animal?
It poisons bad animals and saves good ones.
Same with herbs: why herbs kill bad bugs and makes good bugs healthier.

In the incorrect dosage they will kill all bugs,like pyrethroid varroa strips,bayvorol ect,just enough medicaton to kill small bugs like varroa,but not bigger bugs like bees.

In the incorrect dosage they will kill all bugs,like pyrethroid varroa strips,bayvorol ect,just enough medicaton to kill small bugs like varroa,but not bigger bugs like bees.

and where are those reseaches? From what decade?
How do I have succeeded to avoid that information?

What is the killing efficacy?

What is the killing efficacy?

Quite high if you spray pyrethroid fly spray on your bees,but not so efficient if only a tiny quantity like on bayvarol strips,will kill the mites,but not the bees.

Warfarin rat poison kills rats or people,yet is used in medicine.

Last edited:
Warfarin rat poison kills rats or people,yet is used in medicine.
Same with Digitalis and, umm, Oxalic Acid is administered as a toxin for varroa, using a concentration that isn't lethal to bees.

According to this research Copper is important to humans Copper and Its Complexes in Medicine: A Biochemical Approach (27 February 2011) http://www.hindawi.com/journals/mbi/2011/594529/

Incidentally, the Soil Association permits the use of pyrethrum http://www.sacert.org/farming/newsa...-any-pesticides-to-control-a-pest-infestation and also copper-based pesticides http://www.sacert.org/farming/newsandfeatures/articleid/2520/can-i-use-. There is a restriction on the amount of copper that can be used of 6kg per hectare a year.

benefit/Toxicity levels for inorganic substances can vary dramatcally from organsim to organism. A fact one needs to be aware of in gardening as well as bee keeping.
The level of boron your tomatoes tolerate/need will do in the raspberries IRC.
for humans CO2 can be toxic but without it we cant regulate our breathing. oxygen we need to live but at high concentration is toxic...

Now I understand. Save me from further details.
And bicycle is 6 times more lethal in work travelling than sedan.
All who eate bread they will die.

(Why copper kills if it is essential to life. Sure i believe)

Water's essential to life, but it can still drown you

benefit/Toxicity levels for inorganic substances can vary dramatcally from organsim to organism. A fact one needs to be aware of in gardening as well as bee keeping.
The level of boron your tomatoes tolerate/need will do in the raspberries IRC.
for humans CO2 can be toxic but without it we cant regulate our breathing. oxygen we need to live but at high concentration is toxic...

thanks pal!. I was allready worried. ....that I am only one who does not understand.

Dihydrogen monoxide is essential to life also. That does not mean that it may not be lethal to humans in excess.

From one of your many your posts above:I go to take my pills. .....Blood pressure... Time for a few more, I would not wonder....

Now I understand. Save me from further details.
And bicycle is 6 times more lethal in work travelling than sedan.
All who eate bread they will die.

and riding a horse is 20 times more dangerous than a motorcycle...

Off topic I know (pity 'cos it would be great if copper worked) but my favourite "statistic" when anyone queries my love of diving with sharks is that more people die every year from coconuts falling on their heads than shark attacks, so I'm far safer diving than sitting on a beach! And it's much more fun!

Simon

Off topic I know (pity 'cos it would be great if copper worked) but my favourite "statistic" when anyone queries my love of diving with sharks is that more people die every year from coconuts falling on their heads than shark attacks, so I'm far safer diving than sitting on a beach! And it's much more fun!

Simon

I agree. Dived with loads of sharks - still here.

The normal advice, of course, is to train to swim faster than your buddy.......

Dusty.

I tried to look from google, what is this "copper hype wave" which is going on in many beekeeping forum.

I did not find much copper mentioning in researches. And what copper? Metall, sulphate, glugonate, zylocose, mezinase, razipole? - all essential to life. No, I invented thesemyself.

This is really hazard gang. I hope that Talipans do not feed this discussion with their strips.

Last edited:
[humour]
I'm thinking of copper draght excluder strip at the entrance as a stepping mat and a drop of WD40 to keep those exoskeleton joints nimble during the pre-flight instrument checks. :)
[/humour]

Would it be possible to make a "COPPER QX" and "MESH FLOOR", put in a contaminated hive for a season or two and report back the forum the results of the test...

Flip would that be too smart of a idea for the members.....

Busy Bee

I would imagine a copper mesh floor would be quite expensive, same with a queen excluder.

Are you going to try it?

*nods - Yes, I've bought some. All I have to do is attach it to the hives. It'll be a handy mouse guard on our new vertical entrance floors, if nothing else. I can't see they'll chew their way through it.

Latest posts

Back