consultation of national pollinator strategy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely any half-wit knows why pollinators are in such steep decline in developed countries with intensive systems of agriculture and forestry?

We will be running workshops (lasting around 3 hours) at the following locations:
21 March – York – Fera, Sand Hutton
11 April – Bristol – Armada House
16 April – London – Emmanuel Centre

List of consultees.

Includes all the obvious candidates, and.......Heineken.

:cheers2:

Now, if it were Carlsberg, we could probably have the best pollinators in the world. Somebody had to say it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely any half-wit knows why pollinators are in such steep decline in developed countries with intensive systems of agriculture and forestry?

Not just any.......!

Extract from BBKA email, David Aston's NBU letter

"Beekeepers will be asked to play a crucial role in ensuring a healthy, thriving honey bee population able to contribute to the pollination requirements identified in the strategy."

and there was me thinking I should ensure my bees were unhealthy?

We will be running workshops (lasting around 3 hours) at the following locations:
21 March – York – Fera, Sand Hutton
11 April – Bristol – Armada House
16 April – London – Emmanuel Centre

Sounds like your going to be busy.

Just finished reading the 'related documents' sections. Could have been reduced to a third of what is written if they had not continually repeated themselves and cut out the 'corporate speak'. Nearly lost the will to live!
My brain hurts!!!!!

Just finished reading the 'related documents' sections. Could have been reduced to a third of what is written if they had not continually repeated themselves and cut out the 'corporate speak'. Nearly lost the will to live!
My brain hurts!!!!!
:iagree:

I keep plugging away at this, but with my low attention span and the continually repeated bits its very difficult to pick up where I left it.
I need a new brain!
Some gems in there so far though, I particularly liked the forthcoming DEFRA study into what motivates voluntary recorders, with a view to recruiting more, turkeys voting for Christmas!?

I tried reading it.

Gave up.

Written by civil servants for civil servants.

I am not even going to bother reading it. The covering letter was bad enough. Plus I doubt if the powers that be are going to listen to me even if I did come up with the solution. They never listen to me about the EU, the Health Service, Immigration etc etc. See I'm already getting stressed. I will just get back to my candles (see other thread). Peace man.

I am not even going to bother reading it. The covering letter was bad enough. Plus I doubt if the powers that be are going to listen to me even if I did come up with the solution. They never listen to me about the EU, the Health Service, Immigration etc etc. See I'm already getting stressed. I will just get back to my candles (see other thread). Peace man.

Actually, the number of people who bother responding to this kind of thing is tiny (see results from the recent consultation on the future of the bee inspectorate). So if you do bother to respond, you personally will probably represent at least 2% of the constituency.

However, I think you're right to be doubtful about whether anyone will take any notice of the results - at best they might pick through the responses to find anything that supports the decisions that were already taken months ago.

Actually, the number of people who bother responding to this kind of thing is tiny (see results from the recent consultation on the future of the bee inspectorate). So if you do bother to respond, you personally will probably represent at least 2% of the constituency.

However, I think you're right to be doubtful about whether anyone will take any notice of the results - at best they might pick through the responses to find anything that supports the decisions that were already taken months ago.

:iagree:

Read it all. Did the survey. Asked them to remove VAT from supplies, subsidise medicines, license system for beekeepers, make unlicensed beekeeping illegal, asked for subsidies for beekeeping education, asked them to listen to us too, not just ASDA and friends.

Total waste of time, money and resources, everyone knows what needs to be done FERA included

Back