Condensation in polynuc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah....postman delivered something today and Stan was up there before the dog even and was ferreting about in his man cave for ages before coming back empty handed.
Birthday maybe......January :0

Nah....postman delivered something today and Stan was up there before the dog even and was ferreting about in his man cave for ages before coming back empty handed.
Birthday maybe......January :0

I understand the delivery of very expensive wine in brown cardboard boxes is on the up..and the recipients tend to take delivery and then hide away to drink the contents...:paparazzi:

Hic!

10 degrees here today in northern Scotland, so had a peep inside. No condensation having added a paynes polyeke filled with polystyrene. Bees looking good, lots of flying, pollen coming in and lots of stores.
Feels like a summers day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Another way of dealing with any condensation is to put a block of wood under the rear of the hive. Any condensation that was going to drip on the bees ( which is what kills them) will roll and drip towards the front then missing the cluster.
Hivemaker is right though, double up with wingspan instead.

I tilt all my nucs forward slightly. seems to help everything drain, including off the roof.

Another way of dealing with any condensation is to put a block of wood under the rear of the hive. Any condensation that was going to drip on the bees ( which is what kills them) will roll and drip towards the front then missing the cluster.
Hivemaker is right though, double up with wingspan instead.

I tilt all my nucs forward slightly. seems to help everything drain, including off the roof.

Meant Kingspan!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back