Clothing (mesh skullcap?)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dornfield

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Posting here because I still know so little, and I still get stung by my mean bees.

Does anyone know of a good 'mesh skullcap' that I could wear on my rather bald head, to introduce 'distance' between my flesh and the material of the bee suit hood? The little tykes manage to sting me through the hood as it is in intimate contact with my flesh! Wearing a skullcap (mesh?) wold introduce distance. Any suggestions? Please move if three is a 'clothing/ protection' forum that I missed.

If there is no such thing, then this business opportunity is free to you all.

Thanks!

Baseball cap you can even get those with added material for back of the neck or add your own. It would also help push the veil away from your face. Ian

Posting here because I still know so little, and I still get stung by my mean bees.

Does anyone know of a good 'mesh skullcap' that I could wear on my rather bald head, to introduce 'distance' between my flesh and the material of the bee suit hood? The little tykes manage to sting me through the hood as it is in intimate contact with my flesh! Wearing a skullcap (mesh?) wold introduce distance. Any suggestions? Please move if three is a 'clothing/ protection' forum that I missed.

Thanks!
Chefs cap? Not mesh but works well

Thanks for the input. I used to wear a baseball cap, but my new bee suit is a round veil rather than a fencing veil, so I don't need to keep the veil away any more. I never got on with the veil anyway. I found a nice tight fitting 'prayer hat' that I think will do the job: cotton and lots of 'ventilation'.

I hope to be sting proof in the future as my bees are really annoyed with me at times!

Does anyone know of a good 'mesh skullcap' that I could wear on my rather bald head, to introduce 'distance' between my flesh and the material of the bee suit hood? The little tykes manage to sting me through the hood as it is in intimate contact with my flesh! Wearing a skullcap (mesh?) would introduce distance. Any suggestions? Please move if there is a 'clothing/ protection' forum that I missed.

Thanks!
Wig or Army surplus probably have spare tin hats!!!! Bit of old carpet?

The obvious answer is to wear what lots of beekeepers wear.

A tinfoil hat: not only staves off stings but doubles as a protection against Bill Gates taking over your mind.
As worn by many former contributors on here before being banned :devilish:

Latest posts

Back