Cleaning cappings bag

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballibeg

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Whats the ebst way to clean a cappings bag please?

I'm not doing a great job...

Dave

Yep that'll get rid of most of the wax.
Then try boiling in a container with a little detergent added. after boiling for a while weigh the bag down , leave until cold ,skim off the surface wax/gunge and your bag should be nice and clean :).

John Wilkinson

As Victor said, but use washing soda with a good squirt of washing up liquid.
Why? The alkaline washing soda should turn the wax to soap (saponification) and the washing up liquid prevents a lot of the scum.

In your bucket with hive tools etc. try a strong solution of washing soda, then see the difference that a shot of washing up liquid makes.

Same principle. I have no doubt that Victor's advice is anything but sound and would welcome a comparison from anyone that has cleaned a capping's bag using both techniques

Victor, does your detergent refer to bio or non-bio detergent? Us radio amateurs always need to deal with the detail, don't we, as it potentially makes a difference? I, currently, have no wax bag cleaning experience.

As Victor said, but use washing soda with a good squirt of washing up liquid.
Why? The alkaline washing soda should turn the wax to soap (saponification) and the washing up liquid prevents a lot of the scum.

In your bucket with hive tools etc. try a strong solution of washing soda, then see the difference that a shot of washing up liquid makes.

Same principle. I have no doubt that Victor's advice is anything but sound and would welcome a comparison from anyone that has cleaned a capping's bag using both techniques

Victor, does your detergent refer to bio or non-bio detergent? Us radio amateurs always need to deal with the detail, don't we, as it potentially makes a difference? I, currently, have no wax bag cleaning experience.

Non-Bio of course :svengo:.

73s John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back