Cherry blossom

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
i have seen a couple of cherries in bloom in chichester today while on the way home from work.

are they any good for bees and are they as early as i think they are?

i have an orchard and the cherry is usually out well before any of the other fruit trees, it is in bud i'm in the north

i have seen a couple of cherries in bloom in chichester today while on the way home from work.

Over the last couple of days I've seen some wild plum trees in bloom, some Oil Seed Rape starting to flower and, in a sheltered spot, some Rosemary covered in flowers.

Over the last couple of days I've seen some wild plum trees in bloom, some Oil Seed Rape starting to flower and, in a sheltered spot, some Rosemary covered in flowers.

I saw rosemary in full flower althrough the coldest bit of this winter, about 4? weeks ago. Not so very cold but down to -5/6 in some areas at night. Think the rosemary was in slightly more sheltered area but was still covered in frost at around 1/1.30pm on 3 consecutive days when I tried to deliver a parcel to the householder.

i have a couple of apricots whose buds are starting to swell and reveal a little colour - probably doing well as they've been sheltered in a friends' cellar for last few weeks.

We have a plum tree at the bottom of the garden and the blossom has just started to appear.

Buds on my pear tree are starting to come through, but nothing on the apples/plum/cherry yet

We have a plum tree at the bottom of the garden and the blossom has just started to appear.

I wish!!!!
We have a mahoosive cherry plum in the garden but all the flower buds are on the floor where the bullfinches have stripped the developing buds.
Last year (snow Nov to mid Feb) the tree was like a blancmange, all the robbers perished in the winter I guess.

I have a cherry tree in the garden that always blossoms just after Christmas :mad:
Drives me mad...why can't it wait for the bees to get ready?

Got a nice big fat heather bank in bloom now, 'twas covered in the girls at the weekend - just in time after the snowdrops finished, too :)

Never seen my bees showing any interest in my cherry tree blossom.

Had to trim it back 2 years ago because neighbours whinged about it sticking to their cars... Now they complain about bee poo.

Never seen my bees showing any interest in my cherry tree blossom.

Had to trim it back 2 years ago because neighbours whinged about it sticking to their cars... Now they complain about bee poo.

Tell them it's honeydew...

Latest posts

Back