Changing my Beekeeping Forum name

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarolW

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Can someone tell me how to do this please? I want to ask a couple of questions so idiotic that I don't want to be identified. Cheers,ummm, Me.

I rely on the beginner’s section being just that, please ask anyway.

Courty

Can someone tell me how to do this please? I want to ask a couple of questions so idiotic that I don't want to be identified. Cheers,ummm, Me.

Beginners section
Any seasoned beekeeper misbehaving there gets shot :D so ask away

Do you know I have been keeping bees for nine years now and I STILL feel as if I know nothing sometimes actually most times. I rarely ask questions on the forum but like reading it. I think you should just ask away.

There are probably plenty of others wondering the same question!! I sold a jar of honey to my boss last week and he asked me how bees did it take to make the jar of honey!!

There are probably plenty of others wondering the same question!! I sold a jar of honey to my boss last week and he asked me how bees did it take to make the jar of honey!!

A statistic I have in mind is that one teaspoonful of honey is the life's work of 12 bees.

You can do the maths for a jar of honey!

CVB

Don't worry about it, just ask, I'd be more concerned about some of the idiotic answers :D

As others have said, there are no silly questions. Also, the answer is nearly always "it depends."

I changed my name on here a while ago. I had to ask Admin to do it. However, things to bear in mind:

1) It immediately changes your login details (username becomes the new name)
2) When your name is changed it applies to all posts by you on here ever. Anything previously posted on here with the old name will be displayed with the new name.
3) Admin might not want to change it without a good reason.

Do you know I have been keeping bees for nine years now and I STILL feel as if I know nothing sometimes actually most times. I rarely ask questions on the forum but like reading it. I think you should just ask awy.

Join the club... no one who has kept bees for long periods knows all the answers.
Just ask...Judge what answers make sense and make it up from there... ?/grin/

A bee has to fly 55,000 miles to make 1lb of honey ... 1 worker bee makes about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in it's entire life.

A statistic I have in mind is that one teaspoonful of honey is the life's work of 12 bees.

You can do the maths for a jar of honey!

CVB

A bee has to fly 55,000 miles to make 1lb of honey ... 1 worker bee makes about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in it's entire life.

SO... how many bees would it take to fill one Olympic sized swimming pool and how many times would it have to fly around the Earth to accomplish it?
If a bee only lives for 48 days, how many days would this take?

Needless to say I did not pass the 11 plus.... I think I went fishing with Grandad that day instead!!

Chons da

Last edited:

Chons da
Maybe to the moon and back but then that’s no good, it’s made of cheese.

One worker bee makes about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in it's entire life.

This often-quoted information has been around for a very long time, always with the fraction rather than as '12 bees produce 1 teaspoon of honey during their lifetimes' which many folks find easier to understand.
Does anyone know the source?

If I were you, I certainly wouldn't worry. Any question is valid but be prepared as the forum is full of idiotic answers and some of the respondents frankly are full of their own importance and have verbal or keyboard diarrhea
S

Well, that was a disappointment, I was anticipating something really daft :)
Do as I do when asked something like this by customers........make it up as no one will be able to prove you wrong. :gnorsi:
S

Latest posts

Back