ccd

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmybee

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
A FEW
just went down to my hives and two of them have upped and left, one a small mini nuc other a full hive, all the bee's had gone left eggs and young brood in all stages no bee's at all. I feel like crying!!!!

How horrible. Have they just absconded rather than collapsed? Is it worth putting in bees from elsewhere or is it too late because the brood is chilled?

Awful!!!
I had a queen-less hive go but there was no brood. I reckon they got robbed out and joined the other hives; but to lose a working colony like that is just awful.

absconded I think? i check on passing today they was flying in and out pop down a few hours ago to do the weekly check there was about 10 bees over 12 brood frames and no sign of swarm cells and i had the same thing in the mini nuc no sign of any thing just brood in all stages

I just dont understand it?? had a look round and asked about. But nothing!

is it possible someone might have stolen your bees, just shook them all of the brood frames and dumped them into a box like a shook swarm or are your hives in your back garden? - there have been other posts on this forum where bees have disappeared and only brood has been left behind with stores. I'm only guessing, it must be awful having lost them.

hope you find the cause.

I had just the same last year.... one day a hive full of Greek bees, banging back the Ouzo and smashing plates.... filled 2 supers with honey.... next day gone... vanished... not a bee in sight

***** builder sharing same are had lit a gongaloonie of a bonfire, with tyres, copper wire etc etc... |I wonder if the Greeks did not want to get kippered and left????

where in the UK are you, anywhere North of Watford or East of Exeter is foreign lands... LET ALONE THE EAST BANKS OF THE MIGHTY TAMAR!!!

is it possible someone might have stolen your bees, just shook them all of the brood frames and dumped them into a box like a shook swarm or are your hives in your back garden? - there have been other posts on this forum where bees have disappeared and only brood has been left behind with stores. I'm only guessing, it must be awful having lost them.

hope you find the cause.

I thought maybe I was being cynical - I'm glad I'm not alone with this sort of suspicion. There would surely have been nurse bees/some non-fliers left etc surely if they had absconded?

i didnt think of that it has been bad weather so no one has been around ill move my other hive tomorrow

just a few about 10, loads of honey a super full

im goin to move my other hive tomorrow and start a mini nuc, hopefully they make a queen cell of the young brood if its not dead that is.

Jimmy

I'm so sorry, that must be awful!

Where are you - i.e. in the middle of agricultural land?

richard

Back