CB / radio ham advice

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you will bleed over everyone else in a large area.

Yes there will be lots of blood when the Zombies have taken over

a legal set-up from outside the normal range.

So by this time only us ilegals will be left, so that OK then!

Have you not seen 28days later?

Up until that time occours I will use it as a "legal" set, so keep your hair on RAB

James,

As soon as you increase your power you will bleed over everyone else in a large area. You will still not receive a signal strong enough from a legal set-up from outside the normal range. When a couple or three sort out your direction, you may well get a visit from someone wanting your kit for nothing!

Regards, RAB
Come on Rab ! "bleed over" dont you mean proximity swamping old man?:)

John Wilkinson

A radio unused for a long period of time is likely to be problematical. Spares for FT290R are thin on the ground. Be prepared to fettle it.

If it hasn't got a Mutec front end, theFT290R MK1 was traditionally a bit on the deaf side. Today's comparable equipment that outperforms it in all aspects as well as having 70cm and HF is the Yaseu FT817, new or second hand. A lot of M3/M6 callsigns trade up from 10W and so they are frequently changing hands.
= = =
Oh and if Jim's 3rd Harmonic manages to wipe out a user on 82MHz or 83Mhz then I'm sure that they will be dead impressed and looking for a bit of regulation.

If it's the "28 Days later" scenario that bothers you Jim, you had better think again about your 40 FM channels that will be full of swearing lunatics and think LF to UHF where you can talk locally or to other continents with ease.

For illegal radio equipment use, then thinking CB is narrow thinking. AR gear will give you superior more flexible results with only the same risk of jail and confiscation. It sounds as if you are penny pinching - ha ha :)

For illegal radio equipment use, then thinking CB is narrow thinking. AR gear will give you superior more flexible results with only the same risk of jail and confiscation. It sounds as if you are penny pinching - ha ha :)

Penny pinching? In terms of beehaus, they are 2 or 3 of them. Com on I am from yourkshire, I want it all for £50.

Hom

I have been reading some of those links you emailed me,,, you are correct AR is better than CB! But I will still get a CB! (to start of with + AR)

I can answer most of the question on the sample paper you sent me, very simple!

Not realy a club near me

http://www.rsgb.org/local/clubinfo/clubs.php?id=4&end=5

Can you not do the exam via mail?

I did used to be in the after school radio club, it only ran for a short time, but I did enjoy it.

Last edited:
I regret that is not an option, but you have seen the syllabus and I can recommend the official training book .
With the Foundation Licence course, there are assessments, that have to be made. All fairly basic, but must be signed of by a registered instructor; after which, you would be entitled to sit the examination. So it would then just be a matter of finding a club about to run one.

I think that this just about wraps the subject up here. More details by email. :cheers2:

de G0PAI + VA :)

Latest posts

Back