Car Satnav Updates

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theeggman

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 Cedar + 5 Poly
We've just become owners of a 9year old Volvo with satnav built in, but the maps are 10 yrs.old.

Does anyone know of a reliable supplier of updates other than Volvo who want more than the car is worth. I don't want to pick at random from fleapay.

I've put this question onto the Volvo Owners Forum and got beggar all response.

Tim.

I've put this question onto the Volvo Owners Forum and got beggar all response.
you really thought a Volvo owner would know something like that? Middle of the road stuff...

You might be better looking to see if there is a satnav forum..
Try SatNav updates in google.

The older Land Rover Freelander sat navs were compatiable with Volvo discs and many owners pick up OEM discs on the cheap from eBay. Read one report the other day where they were had for 99p. Just need to make sure that it's the right disc.

you really thought a Volvo owner would know something like that? Middle of the road stuff...

You might be better looking to see if there is a satnav forum..
Try SatNav updates in google.

If I just Googled I would wind up sticking a pin in the list, which is why I was after some feedback from satisfied customers.

Tim

We've just become owners of a 9year old Volvo with satnav built in, but the maps are 10 yrs.old.
Sadly, 10 years ago many car makers regarded a built in sat nav as a revenue stream. Map updates were priced as if the car was new and they don't seem to have changed since. Most of the ebay versions will be "unofficial" shall we say, copies of the manufacturer disc or updates based on hacked map data from elsewhere. After 10 years the built in system could seem a bit slow and lacking detail even with new map data, you might be better off with a smart phone or even one of the few dedicated sat navs that are still marketed.

Last edited:
Thanks Dishmop.

I did a search of the Volvo Forum and that thread didn't come up.

Tim.

Pity my 1969 road atlas doesn't seem to relate to the actual roads anymore :)

they're still there - and nicer than the new ones!

you might be better off with a smart phone

Yerrrrs - went to see a man about a dog last Saturday - all arranged by SWMBO I drove to thwe rough area where the address was (and yes, it was rough!) then she got her Dai phone out - Welsh version of the i-phone as opposed to the Geordie version - the wayay-phone or Scottish ochaye-phone (which shortly you will need international roaming for0. It took us down this lane then said 'stop in 100 metres then walk the final 800 - I just carried on driving on the road and got to the bloke's doorstep!

Back