• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honey Wanted Capping spinner wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phezulu2

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Capping spinner wanted

I am looking for a capping spinner if anyone as available.

Regards

Get an upright spin dryer at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated spinner and adapt it. A mesh inside the drum and the cappings inside a drawstring filter bag and a bucket to collect the honey that comes off. You get a lovely dry cake of cappings. Simples!!

That looks a nice bit of kit ... do you have one ? How do you clean it out when the cappings have been spun ? I think a removable fine mesh drum that fits inside the built in drum would be a good investment ?

However, for me, with only a few hives, the need for yet another piece of kit that I have to store for once a year use would never meet management approval !

Pargyle, I don't actually have one but I do still have a vertical spin dryer which I used when I had access to heather honey when living in Scotland. In those days regulations were not so strict but saw this was stainless steel. I did have a stainless steel mesh lining the drum. which stopped the fabric of the filter going into the large holes of the drum. I used to do cut comb from the frames and then all the rest cut into a large bucket and mashed with a stainless tattie masher to loosen, into the filter bag and spun. The honey was lovely and creamy and sold like hot cakes. Washing it out was easy - outside and pressure washer - really there was just the honey which stuck to the wall as the cappings all stayed in the bag and they peeled off the filter bone dry. I liked the simplicity of the drier as there are no pumps or valves all gravity!! Hope this helps

Pargyle, I don't actually have one but I do still have a vertical spin dryer which I used when I had access to heather honey when living in Scotland. In those days regulations were not so strict but saw this was stainless steel. I did have a stainless steel mesh lining the drum. which stopped the fabric of the filter going into the large holes of the drum. I used to do cut comb from the frames and then all the rest cut into a large bucket and mashed with a stainless tattie masher to loosen, into the filter bag and spun. The honey was lovely and creamy and sold like hot cakes. Washing it out was easy - outside and pressure washer - really there was just the honey which stuck to the wall as the cappings all stayed in the bag and they peeled off the filter bone dry. I liked the simplicity of the drier as there are no pumps or valves all gravity!! Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Capping spinner wanted

Regards
Capping spinner wanted

Regards
I think that Thornes have a mesh bag for this purpose. Simply put the cappings in it and hang it a normal extractor. I inherited two of these and they seem to work OK, but I no longer use them, as i now sell cappings in honey, so they are now redundant.

I think that Thornes have a mesh bag for this purpose. Simply put the cappings in it and hang it a normal extractor. I inherited two of these and they seem to work OK, but I no longer use them, as i now sell cappings in honey, so they are now redundant.
Any pictures

I use this lidl bags 50 pence
after all honey its extracted
put wet capping into the bags,tie
and hang over night in extractor(without spinning) next day its dry and light

Attachments

• 20240914_080534.jpg
    20240914_080534.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240914_080744.jpg
    20240914_080744.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts