Cant get my supers off

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the remaining super off three of my hives this afternoon as they have all started to bring in dark brown 'honeydew'.

These frames will be useless as the honey is almost black in the jar and nobody wants it.
Nobody wants it??? fetches a premium price here send me a couple of tons. Apiary Manager John Madgewick comments ' It's amazing the lovely stuff that comes that comes from an aphid's bum'

Your beekeeping habits are really strange!

I cannot read such garbage....check first medication....

Did a check again today to see if the crop was nearly ready to take off. A few hard shakes of an uncaped frame and i only got a few small drops. I would say it should be perfect by to start putting on the clearer boards on tuesday morning.

nice suggestion but do you know anyone who actually likes mead?

I just give it away to apiary visitors for cooking!

I love mead!
I buy it where ever I see it - hoping to make some now I have bees.

Commercial mead is made very sweet as they think that is what the public expect, and I suppose they do all in all.

Dry mead though is another game entirely. :)

PH

A few years ago I managed to produce Champagne (Type) mead .
2 years after bottling ,during a hot Summer (Remember them?) ,one stored bottle popped its cork, the liquid left in the bottle tasted divine :) I put a 5p piece on the corks of the remaining 1/2 doz bottles and wired them in place using thick fuse wire . I stored them in the cool . I wish I could repeat the circumstances but it was a pure fluke :D
VM

Latest posts

Back