Can bee keepers give blood

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only daft question is the one you dont ask .
And as icanhopit says , if you can donate , please do . There is always a need and it might be you that needs it !

Declaring my blood group as bee positive!! (group B, Rh +ve) as long as they haven’t swarmed.... Or bee negative if the hives are empty!!

:redface:I don't know about giving blood, I think you lot are taking the????

I nearly gave blood yesterday.

Horesfly-1.jpg

Chris

And as icanhopit says , if you can donate , please do . There is always a need and it might be you that needs it !

I started donating when I was travelling by motorbike- mostly in a spirit of 'Can you look after this for me please?

You never know when there's a Volvo about... :auto:

PLEASE anybody out there who can give blood pleeease do.
When I was 2 yrs. old I had to have 3 pints transfused (1952) from glass bottles collected from the blood bank by the man with the only car (local taxi), who supplied his services FOC.
When I could I started giving blood, had to stop for a few years re. blood pressure pills, then they changed the rules and I resumed. I'm currently off giving as am I undergoing hospital tests but as soon as I can I WILL be back.
PLEASE donate, the life it saves could be yours or a member of your family.

Tim

PLEASE anybody out there who can give blood pleeease do.
When I was 2 yrs. old I had to have 3 pints transfused (1952) from glass bottles collected from the blood bank by the man with the only car (local taxi), who supplied his services FOC.
When I could I started giving blood, had to stop for a few years re. blood pressure pills, then they changed the rules and I resumed. I'm currently off giving as am I undergoing hospital tests but as soon as I can I WILL be back.
PLEASE donate, the life it saves could be yours or a member of your family.

Tim

yep, and the government are planning on privatising the blood transfusion service!!

Sorry, politics are for elections, this a matter of life and death.
If you can please donate.
Argue about the other matters with your local candicates, IN THE THE INTERIM PLEASE DONATE.
My life depended on it.
Tim.

Stop going on at me. I do give blood.

B+ve btw

Little quiz question:

I am B +ve, My Mother was O +ve and my sister is A+ve. What does that tell you?

The only daft question is the one you dont ask .
Can you specify it doesnt get used for people who try to chop their fingers off :svengo:
Seriuosly, its really important to give if you can .
S

They don't actually take a 'pint' - only 400 cm3, I believe.

If it is not covered by the questionnaire you fill in at each donation, there is clearly no problem.

I no longer make donations. Got to somewhere over 60 and then the heart attack prevented me from making any more.

Last edited:
PLEASE When I could I started giving blood, had to stop for a few years re. blood pressure pills, then they changed the rules and I resumed.

I was turned away about 20 years ago because of my blood pressure tablets, and never knew that things have changed. I'll ask my GP tomorrow if the cocktail of tablets I now take make a difference.

Hey, Skyhook, don't be rude about Volvos. I'm thinking of getting one, and then both my vehicles will begin with "V" (that'll get you older bikers salivating).

And as I mentioned, here we are turned away if we were in the UK between 1980 and 1996, they seem to think we may have meat pie disorder.

Chris

I was turned away about 20 years ago because of my blood pressure tablets, and never knew that things have changed. I'll ask my GP tomorrow if the cocktail of tablets I now take make a difference.

Hey, Skyhook, don't be rude about Volvos. I'm thinking of getting one, and then both my vehicles will begin with "V" (that'll get you older bikers salivating).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKTzwaEa2o[/ame]

Did I guess right?

And as I mentioned, here we are turned away if we were in the UK between 1980 and 1996, they seem to think we may have meat pie disorder.

Chris

well they couldnt ban everyone in France exposed to French undereported BSE could they?

See
Vet. Res. 35 (2004) 349–362 349
© INRA, EDP Sciences, 2004
DOI: 10.1051/vetres:2004016

Back