Business Insider - honey dangerous unless pasteurised

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I understand pure H2O by itself wouldn't save you if you were dehydrated, but why is it actually harmful to drink?
Pure or demineralized water sucks electrolytes out of one's body into the gut lumen and dissolves teeth. Absolutely pure water is a powerful solvent.

Just another reason why honey is a miracle food when consumed in a balanced way.

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Pure or demineralized water sucks electrolytes out of one's body into the gut lumen and dissolves teeth.
That's why I always contaminate my water with alcohol - it's all to do with caring for my teeth (although I have lost the odd one when I fell over p!ssed)

Fritillary 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
3 TBH + 3 Nat (+ Nucs)
Pure or demineralized water sucks electrolytes out of one's body into the gut lumen and dissolves teeth. Absolutely pure water is a powerful solvent.

Just another reason why honey is a miracle food when consumed in a balanced way.
Thanks Karol. Please don't quiz me on all of this - but this is a really interesting read.

Last edited:

Gilberdyke John 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives

I recall a conversation with a nuclear submariner some years ago. He told me the purified recycled drinking water had a laxative effect.

Latest posts