Budget Hive - Fragile Planet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife bought a first basic kit for me from FP a few years ago. The smoker and Hive tool are still going strong, I riuned the smock by being too fat!!! Later I called in to their premises when in the area and purchased a large number of frames and foundation and had a cup of tea and a chat with them. I viewed all their hive componenets in recycled wood and ply and thought they were good value for money. I found the owner most helpful, as had my wife, when she had telephoned and knew nothing about the subject. I am sure that forum members unhappy with goods would receive a sympathetic ear and response.
I endorse their concept of recycling timber and providing relatively cheap means of starting as a beek.
Please remember that when we complain about a supplier and a number of others jump on the bandwagon, that they are probably only a small proportion of the large number of satified customers who have used the services of the supplier.

Brian has a valid point
Please remember that when we complain about a supplier and a number of others jump on the bandwagon,

Look at the way Americans have attacked BP, we don't need a lynch-mob attitude here. For BP, they were just doing normal US practice and I am sure the other oil companies thought "thank got it wasn't us"

Back to FP. I purchased some cheap supers from them. Plywood quality is not brilliant but they do the job. I knew they were not teak embossed with mother-of-pearl or poly or cedar or marine ply or whatever before I bought them. If I'd wanted cedar, I would have purchased cedar. They went together fine too, my bees didn't mind them.

Back