Broodbound

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like the OP to ignore all the side tracks and come back and give some more info if they are not scared off.

Frankly dear OP there is some stuff here that is better ignored.

PH

Arfermo;210369 Sounds very much as though you need to give them the extra brood space below any QE? Depending on your weather it is probably a bit early to have a QE on just yet anyway said:
Wow! really? Mine have been going at the pollen on nice days, but it is still the middle of Feb, and thats a big empty space for them to fill. If you're really worried they're overfull, would another super under (without QE) not be a safer bet?

Hmm thanks for all the replies.
The brood box last year was packed to capacity with workers storing honey on outside of box and the queen was laying away just fine. The honey super above had new wax and frames and the bees were drawing wax on just two frames. I left them alone to get on with it and found the bees on the same two frames! Have decided to change over to a wired queen excluder anyhow.

Boutbees

Latest posts

Back