Blackberry flowering?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good thing about blackberry is the long flowering period. Given the wet May they will keep going for a good while I would imagine this year. Probably my main source after OSR here in North Bucks. Glad to see them now flowering

Masses up the moor from us ,,, my Himalayan Brambles are a little behind - but in advance of last year - they have to grow 3 meters of barbed wire first..:)

Been flowering for a week at least. bees all over it. Though 'my' (honey) bees seem to prefer raspberries, just like me...

Been flowering for a week at least. bees all over it.

Same here about a week or so and bees all over it.
Noticed a lot of light grey pollen coming in. Is it blackberry? or something else?

Been flowering for a week at least. bees all over it. Though 'my' (honey) bees seem to prefer raspberries, just like me...

Same here, been flowering for at least a week, bees are on a real flow at present, even foraging my manuka!
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Now, now jealousy won't get you anywhere! I don't like a lot of things that seem popular and manuka honey is not my favourite either but if someone wants to buy it who am I to stop them?

Mahusive flow on here! Bramble in full flower but the bees are tending to prefer the white clove at the moment which is also in full flower and producing lots and lots of nectar-happy days!:winner1st:

Balsam, clover and blackberry all going strong. Spoilt for choice currently!

Happy days

Similar to the lime watch thread hereunder, what is the black berry situation where you live? Just interested in seeing how the different geographical regions differ. In South West Ireland the black berry flowers are just beginning to open.
In Kent they have started to open about 10 days ago.

Bramble flowers really starting to open here in West Cornwall - but my bees don't seem to have found it yet....!

Latest posts

Back