Bird Flu UPDATES

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just go on the defra site...it's on there...I wonder how many people will fill it in?

Well I'm surprised my garden isn't knee deep in dead Starlings, Sparrows, Tits, Chaffinches, Siskins, Goldfinches, Robins and Blackbirds seeing as they haven't been confined to bird-proof runs. I'm amazed it's not raining dead Red Kites.

They want to get off their ...'chairs'...and come outside where they will see chicken, ducks, geese etc happily pecking outside ...everywhere!!!

The animals certainly do seem to sense a change in the weather. Our hens stopped laying over the winter but seem to think spring is on the way now. There is definitely a change in their behaviour this week

I saw the first rooks nest two weeks ago...with a pair there.

Were they Rooks or Carrion Crows? Rooks tend to nest socially in established Rookeries.

Rooks I believe....there was a rookery there last year...in the middle of the village. No big enough trees near us.

Sampling the gin!
Invited Finnman over for a bevvy... but the poor ol *** is snowed in at the moment!!

Nos da

You should hop over that greasy river and come and try our Cranberry Gin. I make it every year...it barely makes it past the end of January...only a sip is left! It's the most beautiful pink...and as smooth as silk.

You should hop over that greasy river and come and try our Cranberry Gin. I make it every year...it barely makes it past the end of January...only a sip is left! It's the most beautiful pink...and as smooth as silk.

Whatever happened to the Ilfracombe to Swansea ferry service promised by the Tory League in the last General election?

Our sloe gin ( with Cornish honey) takes some beating.... were the cranberries grown in Wales?

Possibly traveling to Narbeth to see my great aunt.... now when "Tant" Maud and my mother get the gin out....... both now in late 90th year!!!!

Diolch

Whatever happened to the Ilfracombe to Swansea ferry service promised by the Tory League in the last General election?

Our sloe gin ( with Cornish honey) takes some beating.... were the cranberries grown in Wales?

Possibly traveling to Narbeth to see my great aunt.... now when "Tant" Maud and my mother get the gin out....... both now in late 90th year!!!!

Diolch

Well you must call in...I never thought of putting honey in with the cranberries...I will try that next year. Do cranberries grow in Wales? I know blueberries do.

Back