best website design program?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
any thoughts on the best software to use to make a simple website?
it will be a simple site mostly photos and text.
dont want to spend hours learning dream weaver.
have bought the web name from Reg 123.

any pointers or suggestions to get me started!!!!

most web hosting companies have simple web page design programs. There are loads of free ones about as well. There are options on the site you mentioned to design a site.

Google "Weebly" and "Qapacity" and follow your nose...

ps "123" are reasonable for name registration, but their hosting is expensive!

Last edited:
Serif WebPlus (from free version to £80 depending on complexity, hosting etc.) very user friendly, but you need to be thick-skinned enough to be able to fend off their continued sales efforts directed at you afterwards. However - in return, their techie people are very accessible by phone and will be competent and helpful. Can't fault the software or web hosting.

Web Easy Professional 8 you can download a 30 day full working demo, and at £40 its worth buying after the 30 days

http://goo.gl/hH7ol

use one.com I think its free for the 1st year and about £ 10 per year thereafter, I design edit and they webhost for that

any thoughts on the best software to use to make a simple website?
it will be a simple site mostly photos and text.
Depends more what you're producing it for than the content; text and pictures are actually all you will see on any web site. If it's a personal record and you don't want a lot of learning, you could do a lot worse than some of the blogging software. Something like Wordpress is well regarded and if you do get into it, will take a lot of customisation.

Of course, if you're using a Mac you might like something like Coda. However, AlanF is correct and a good, comprehensive and free solution is Posterous (or Posterous Spaces as it now seems to be called ... http://posterous.com/). This allows posting from computer and/or mobile devices in a variety of convenient ways, and you can have both static content and blogs. You can also point your domain name to your Posterous site very easily.

And did I mention it is also free? Not, of course, that that would in any way influence a beekeeper ;)

"it will be a simple site mostly photos and text" - in that case, use something like "weebly" or the sitemaker on "one" - the modern web-based "point and click" website creators are excellent, give really professional-looking websites easily and cheaply.
I've done it the hard way many a time, using all sorts of software and ftp - nowadays, for a simple site, it really isn't necessary, and will probably produce far worse (and cost you money for the software)...
"Kiss" - keep it simple

A friend extolled the virtue of Weebly to me, so I gave it a twirl -
a few minutes of clicking! - http://organnyx.weebly.com/

Latest posts

Back