Best source

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtit

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi any one know the best on line website to buy foundation and dn4 brood frames

Other suppliers are available... ;) unless you want to go foundationless? best to buy frames in the sales... maismore have one in June or 2nds sold via ebay...
Steve

Consumables so buy cheapest.
Bee Equipment or SImon the Beekeeper
[/QUOTE]

yes (y)really couldnt be bothered to list them all... there's google for that...;):rolleyes:

Don't buy foundation via ebay, it could be Chinese stuff with additives. Belgium had a spate of bees dying when in contact with beeswax with the addition of paraffin wax.

Depends how fussy you are about the quality of the foundation!

Top quality foundation is Kemble.
Otherwise Thorne, Maisemore, Bee-equipment are all fine from my experience, haven't used Abelo (yet). Simon the Beekeeper stuff works but feels quite different to the others IMO.

There was a page of suppliers on here but it appears to have been removed (no sign of it in searches and link to it from another thread no longer works)... Any suggestions @Erichalfbee @pargyle @Swarm?

Hi any one know the best on line website to buy foundation and dn4 brood frames
Be very careful indeed. I was approached by a local lady to be her mentor and when I saw the readymade frames with foundation already in them that she had bought in bulk from I know not where, I tried five of them in a couple of my hives only to find the bees didn't go near the frames for about 3 weeks so I had to remove/destroy all of them. Wasted 40 mile return journey too. :whistle: :whistle:

Old castle
Qualiy wax ,11pack is a good price per sheet and next day delivery for a fraction more than anyone else's standard rate.

Ive had foundation from the cheap supermarkets like BE and STB to arrive mashed up.
The latter quickly replaced said items -albeit with more unusable material.
It's like getting the bin lorry crew to arrange your house sale.

thanks for the replies and info.
best price for frames was bee supplies nd4 brood £45.00 for a flat pack of 50 plus 5.00 postage

thanks for the replies and info.
best price for frames was bee supplies nd4 brood £45.00 for a flat pack of 50 plus 5.00 postage
should have tried C Wynne Jones £37.00 for 50 'second quality' DN4's a much better deal

Latest posts

Back