Best of Luck with your Module Exams today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuswellMetro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
for all of those on here ( including me) who are taking the Dark Side's Module exams today, best wishes and i hope we all pass

well except the ones who are taking my module.;)..wouldn't want the pass mark to go up now would i

Best of luck to all

Sat 24 March 2012

Sat Mods 1 and 2 via the SBA this morning. I think I'm right in saying they're the same papers set by the BBKA? Anyway, I was anervous wreck but I think they went reasonably well. Typically a fair bit of the stuff I'd learned off by heart didn't turn up.:rolleyes:

I sat modules 1, 2, 5 and 7. I wouldn't recommend doing 4 in one go - it's been early mornings and late nights since Xmas. I feel reasonably confident about three; Mod 5 had a few surprises. It’s all in the lap of the gods now.

Exams always have bad publicity but they’ve certainly got me thinking about some of the underlying principles of beekeeping. The odd factoid here and there is useful.

There’re not for everyone and they shouldn’t be compulsory but on the whole I think they BBKA system is a good one.

Drumgerry they are the same. The WBKA must sit different papers as the modules are a bit different in places (or they haven't updated the website).

Drumgerry they are the same. The WBKA must sit different papers as the modules are a bit different in places (or they haven't updated the website).

You're right - the website hasn't been updated: in the trainer's course I attended last month they showed us the new format and said that all the papers are bought from BBKA (but WBKA subsidise part of the exam fees so it's cheaper)

You're right - the website hasn't been updated: in the trainer's course I attended last month they showed us the new format and said that all the papers are bought from BBKA (but WBKA subsidise part of the exam fees so it's cheaper)

Interesting. Thanks jbm. I've got Fera funding to do a teaching course but having a pigging time finding one that will actually run that's accessible!

Sat Mods 1 and 2 via the SBA this morning. I think I'm right in saying they're the same papers set by the BBKA? Anyway, I was anervous wreck but I think they went reasonably well. Typically a fair bit of the stuff I'd learned off by heart didn't turn up.:rolleyes:

I only did no1, could've done with more time. Must practice writing quicker.

I found I needed more time for Mod 1 than Mod 2. Seemed to have a couple of questions in 2 where I didn't need to write as much. But every question in Mod 1 seemed to need screeds and screeds of info.

Drumgerry. Interesting that. Thanks:.) Intending to do no. 3 in November as no 2 is not held again until November next year

If (fingers crossed) all went well yesterday I've got the choice of Mods 3, 6 0r 8 in November. Just the one this time though I think. Two at a time was a bit too much for me.

Hi Drumgerry, mod 8 must be the last to be completed. so need to do and pass all the others first.

I also have fingers x'd from yesterday:.)

I'm thinking I'll probably try Mod 3 as 1,2,3 and one other are needed for the SBA's intermediate cert.

Drumgerry, I did 1 and 2 too, and had exactly the same problem. 15 minute break between the two exams. It really knocked my confidence for module 2 realising that I had run out of time so badly on module 1.

Drumgerry. Interesting that. Thanks:.) Intending to do no. 3 in November as no 2 is not held again until November next year

Where did you find details of next year's programme?

You will be pleased to know that with increasing number of candidates the BBKA exam board are seriously considering running modules 1,2 and 3 twice a year in march and november of 2013 and every year after that as long as the number of candidates warrant it.

You will be pleased to know that with increasing number of candidates the BBKA exam board are seriously considering running modules 1,2 and 3 twice a year in march and november of 2013 and every year after that as long as the number of candidates warrant it.

That's not the issue...if 1257 1368 1368 1257 were to continue....it will take two years to complete my last two modules...so much for speeding it up!

Latest posts

Back