beginner of the beginners

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamsbairn

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
HI im wanting to start keeping bees so please forgive me if i write stupid things and any help would be greatly listened to and noted, I have noticed threads into building hives I think that's way I would be going as im handy with my hands. Look forward to chatting and being part of this group
:scotland-flag:

If you are going to build your own hive then learn all you can about bee spaces. They matter more than you think! Welcome
E

Good to have you with us!

As Enrico said, beespace is critical.
Why not start out with sme flat pack kit and see how it works?

I guarantee, if you take to beekeeping, there will be endless need for extra kit!
You need spares for everything! Then when you use the spares, you need replacements!

Enjoy!

Dusty

Welcome - I hope you realise that much of the fascination with bees is that they aren't just more complicated than you might think, they are much, much, much more complicated than you might think.

Join an association and get hands on with some different hive types - and don't ask people what type they like, ask them WHY they like it, and see who's reasons might match your priorities and concerns.
Whatever you do, don't start by inventing anything!

Welcome - I hope you realise that much of the fascination with bees is that they aren't just more complicated than you might think, they are much, much, much more complicated than you might think.

Join an association and get hands on with some different hive types - and don't ask people what type they like, ask them WHY they like it, and see who's reasons might match your priorities and concerns.

Welcome ...this is good advice - I spent the last two years reinventing the Long Hive from scratch - the hive is great but don't follow my footsteps there are easier routes !! Talk to everyone and listen to them, read everything you can access, books, internet ... anything. Beekeeping is not complicated until you know enough to realise you know nothing and the bees have the upper hand !! Good luck.

Hello and :welcome:

I am another newby but been lurking in the shadows for a few months.

I bought my 1st hive to see how it all went together, then been very busy since making more

Would echo the others about finding some local advice - I joined the local association, and they work hard to pass on their knowledge.

Just keep an open mind, listen to everything before choosing your path

I second the comment about inventing things. I thought up a few. Then found I was a number of years too late :-(

Latest posts

Back