Bees stolen from an Anglesey farm, North Wales Police

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the article:
Beekeepers have been urged to microchip or mark their hives to prevent thefts ....​
What's the point in spending money microchipping hives when, as the article also says, thieves open the lid and steal the bees?
:iagree: but a photo of a queen would be a good start, the nature of a paint mark or wing cut would be as unique as a fingerprint.

three hives, 30,00 bees and thre queens - pretty piss poor colonies by the sound of it

Is that the usual Constabulary/BBC erratum, or were they nukes? :confused:

Anglsea Police said:
Sgt Rees said the offenders had a knowledge of the practice and appealed to "the bee keeping community for information"
???

Presumably that will be the sum total of the investigation. :spy:

three hives, 30,00 bees and thre queens - pretty piss poor colonies by the sound of it

You'd do well to practice a little humility and do some research before being condescending JBM.

She's a beekeeper with over 30 hives and does education and breeding, so it could easily have been either a very selective knowledgeable thief who'd already visited under pretext of training, taking just the queens and a few boxes to make the physical theft easier, or it could have been nucs or apideas and not complete hives that were stolen.

The condescending bit is always much more fun though!

In any case, I'm sure it was aimed at the paparatzi / politzi more than the affected.

From the horses mouth

Hi Wessex thank you for your kind comments and you are correct it was 3 queens and 1 colony....... Not as quoted above "piss poor colonies" frankly team I am both shocked and horrified that we are an education centre that promotes what we do as bee keepers to children and adults and the comments above show the worst side of beekeeping. As bee keepers we are suppose to stick together and I feel for anyone who has their hard work stolen in this manner. Also the fact that they took them from my home.............. Please think twice about your fellow beekeeper and how your snippy comments would make someone feel that is trying to fight for awareness. :nono:

You'd do well to practice a little humility and do some research before being condescending JBM.

I'll leave condescension to you butty, you do it so much better, my comment was more aimed at the usual hazy inaccurate reporting that we are so used to from today's press. Easy to make assumptions on scanty information and when sensationalism is the name of the game.

I must be missing something JBM. Do explain how your "piss poor colonies" comment relates to a justified criticism of the press and wasn't an unfounded criticism of the owner of the hives?
That's the second lady on this forum in as many weeks that I think you owe an apology to.

I must be missing something JBM. Do explain how your "piss poor colonies" comment relates to a justified criticism of the press and wasn't an unfounded criticism of the owner of the hives?
That's the second lady on this forum in as many weeks that I think you owe an apology to.

climb off your high horse matey, the only excuse of an apology on here is you. Just go back to talking carp like you usually do.
sanctimonious prig

play nice Wessex and JBM its not winter yet save it till then lol

Latest posts

Back