Bees punished by drowning!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Make your own minds up..

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/local/sting-operation-to-get-rid-of-bees-1-3901272

A DOCTOR who is an amateur beekeeper has come under stinging criticism for ‘murdering’ thousands of bees in the canal.

Bletchley GP Dr Omar Abdalwhab was seen throwing his hive and its contents into the water on Friday after a neighbour complained of being stung.

“It was crazy. All I asked him to do was move the bees to the other side of his garden. I didn’t expect him to get cross and chuck them in the canal,” said pensioner Marie Martin.....

Just proves not all idiots are brainless - or even more worringly, are there registered GPs who are ....?

I can't, and won't, go into detail but I can assure you there are registered GPs who are also idiots. I think you probably all know this already.

If true, sounds a huge overrreaction, wouldn't want him as my GP!

How did that neighbour know it was his bees and why did the bees sting her on the ear was her hearing aid buzzing or something, we have only one side of the story here, although there is no excuse for his actions unless he pleads insanity, ducking stool for him then lol

Definitely an over-reaction. There could also be an interesting backstory.

Maybe just a GP with a big ego. That wouldn't be uncommon.

if you read the dr's response, he said he was moving the hive when he was attacked by the bees, he dropped the hive. pretty lame excuse, why didn't he block the bees in the hive before moving it?

There are idiots everywhere you go, bet there are a few round here too.

There's no reason to suppose someone can't be an excellent GP, but an ***** in some other field.

I know someone who is qualified, and able, to use most of the 'machines that go ping' in a hospital, but couldn't program a video recorder if their life depended on it. Fortunately we no longer have a video recorder.

I'm sure we all know people who are experts in some field or other, but are socially inept.

One wonders what he might do to a patient to whom he asked "does that hurt?"

The power of the media you have only had one side of the story, It could go like this, the little old lady was constantly annoying the beekeeper blaming him whenever someone got stung, she didn't like the buzzing from the bees as she thought her hearing aid battery was flat all the time, the beekeeper had already moved his hive twice before causing a big loss of his bees, she also started a petition with the locals to get rid of his bees and threatened him with abuse and told him if they are not moved by this afternoon she was calling the police so in his desperation after working all night in the Hospital caring for our ill he lifted the hive but found it too heavy his back gave way and he stumbled on a loose paving slab and ended up falling into the river, he was devastated as he was going to use the honey for experimental healing and his bees where is only escape from long hours he spends in hospitals

The power of the media you have only had one side of the story,

:iagree:

I must admit I was a little surprised at the way everybody assumed the story was as reported.

All stories have two sides as many comments here suggest when a ill informed article about bees is noticed.

I wonder if throwing them over her fence would be an offence? (no pun intended)

I thought Redwood's post was worthy of a script for Armstrong & Millar.

Latest posts

Back