Bees punished by drowning!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't read newspapers or watch it, no news is good news, I take everything with a pinch of salt

I probably should have put a :biggrinjester: on my post.

In fact, I agree with you. Experienced beeks on this forum have admitted to fundamental errors (I'm thinking specifically of wearing the wrong footwear). Perhaps the doc didn't wear gloves and tried to move the bees when they were being aggressive. Perhaps there has been animosity between the doc and his neighbour for years - ending in the doc throwing his toys out of the pram and straight into the canal.

Without knowing the backstory it's all just sensationalism and speculation.

at the end of the day the doc should have moved the hives away from the garden if they were causing probs its the responsible thing to do

So asside for harming the bees, dumping things in the cannal is considered to be OK!!

There's no reason to suppose someone can't be an excellent GP, but an ***** in some other field.

I know someone who is qualified, and able, to use most of the 'machines that go ping' in a hospital, but couldn't program a video recorder if their life depended on it. Fortunately we no longer have a video recorder.

I'm sure we all know people who are experts in some field or other, but are socially inept.

Ah.. I see you have the machine that goes PING ! ... my personal favorite...show the baby to the mother ... thats enough ...

So asside for harming the bees, dumping things in the cannal is considered to be OK!!

Right, and he isn't the first person to suffocate bees he thought unmanageable, is he?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Taking another look at the article, it's really fortunate that there are a couple of photos available - one of a figure in a Beekeeper's suit next to the canal, the second of bits of what could be a hive in the water.*

Did the complainant "just happen to have a camera" with her at the exact moment of the alleged offence? Interesting!

And the Dr says she'd threatened to take him to court.

More here than meets the eye, I think.

Dusty.

*Could be a poly hive; maybe there's some good in the guy after all

Yep.
People with modern mobile phones do just happen to have cameras.........
21st Century kind of thing.......

Latest posts

Back