bees outside

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren64

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've just been to top my wasp traps up with beer and the largest hive has got about 200 hundred bees on the outside of the hive,all on the brood box just above the entance,whats going on?

I've just been to top my wasp traps up with beer

Was that leftovers from Friday night?

Can't see a thing at the top of my garden after 12!
To my knowledge the only things up there at 01:40 are mice, the odd bat, :svengo:and the fat cat from next door!

I've just been to top my wasp traps up with beer and the largest hive has got about 200 hundred bees on the outside of the hive,all on the brood box just above the entance,whats going on?

have you just put the varroa floor in? Mine are doing the same, but i have just put the vasrroa floor in so i guess they are a tad to hot at the moment.

Have you removed your supers? If so, then it could be a bit of over-spill - a large colony of bees may not fit into a single brood box...
This is why I wait until later to extract ie September.

Ben P

Just as a side not its 20:38 and i still have bes all over the front of my hives. Its hot and they have the varroa monotor floor in until sunday

Latest posts

Back