Bees on the front of the hive?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
One of our two hives has MANY bees on the front each morning and evening. The hive was set up three and a half months ago and has one half-ish full super and one that was put on about three weeks ago.

Why are the bees hanging out on the front of the hive body?

Nights are in the mid 80s and days are in the mid to high 90s. Thats F instead of C.

Some strains of bee do like to hang out the front.

It could be cooling and it could also be a sign of lack of room.

TBH you would be better finding a local forum as they will have the local knowledge that we patently lack.

PH

Some strains of bee do like to hang out the front.

It could be cooling and it could also be a sign of lack of room.

TBH you would be better finding a local forum as they will have the local knowledge that we patently lack.

PH

Fair enough :)

Have just given the hive with the hanging out bees some more room and bought Bees For Dummies to have a good read of. And are also looking for a local club to join.

This learning curve is steep lol.

Fair enough :)

Have just given the hive with the hanging out bees some more room and bought Bees For Dummies to have a good read of. And are also looking for a local club to join.

This learning curve is steep lol.

Don't leave us though!;)

80c during the day let along night would be nice,

80f during the day is nice, 97f is OTT and 80c would be 176f which is great to slow cook at but hell to live with :smilielol5:

Gave teh bees a shallow super today and they all fit into the hive. There were (I THINK) queen cells on most of the ten frames in the HB. The ones I scraped off were full of white milky stuff.

Should we have gotten rid of all of them?

Am reading my bee keeping for dummies book as fast as I can but my questions outstrip my reading time!

Latest posts

Back