Bees Killed 4 horses in Sussex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have BBC News on the front of my local paper.
Be interesting for somebody to go and have a look at this farm because google shows it as a house, no stables, no fences or paddock but there is a pond.

Last edited:
I am confused as these dates do not seem to add up?

Reported as a news item a couple of days ago on BBC Radio 2 around 7.00 am?

AND I heard this story some many years ago when horses were reported to be jumping into the River Arun after knocking over beehives near Pulbourgh Sussex, where a horse riding girlfriend lived!

Perhaps it is one of those Urban Myths?????

There are "antis" out there ... not sure if "anti horse" or "anti bee"... or just sensationalist journalists reporting "Chinese whispers" just to get a few collumn inches ?

However will be looking to make sure that no animals can get near to any of my hives!!

For as long as I can remember the "story" has been that horses and bees dinna mix well.

If myth it is it is a long standing one and long before the net spread such tales in a viral manner.

And for a fact I can say that they can and will kill dogs.

PH

For as long as I can remember the "story" has been that horses and bees dinna mix well.

If myth it is it is a long standing one and long before the net spread such tales in a viral manner.

And for a fact I can say that they can and will kill dogs.

PH

Thanks for the warning - I shall keep my dog away from horses in future ;)

Be interesting for somebody to go and have a look at this farm because google shows it as a house, no stables, no fences or paddock but there is a pond.

Be careful if you are talking satellite photos as they can be very out of date. Mine are at least 8 years old, showing field boundaries that no longer exist and cultivation that stopped with the owner before me!

I removed post, it sounded too grumpy xx

Last edited:
Say what you will about the BBC, I don't think they go around inventing stories about bees attacking horses and inventing the name and address of the owner.
They only repeat what they have beed told by another news agency or read in the paper..

I have heard things on local TV that have been mentioned on radio 2 months before.. Just like the government.... "we invaded Iraq based on the evidence we were given at the time and believed to be correct."

As has been pointed out in the other thread true or not it's bad publicity about bees.

So next time you chat to your neighbours about just one more "wafer thin" hive don't be surprised if they look a little more anxious.

Bobster

I removed post, it sounded too grumpy xx

Bet we all wish we had done that on reflection...... but I am also a keen fisherman / angler.... sometimes I get a pike and just have to run with it!!!

No I an NOT fishing for complements

... wish I had not said that !!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

alternative news story :

4 large monsters attacked a major conurbation. Considerable damage and loss of life to the inhabitants. The civilans and local militia rallied to rebuff the attackers, and willingly sacrificed themselves to defend their cities and citizens. The monsters were driven off or slain unfortunately at great cost in lives.

Latest posts

Back