Bees in a tree

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that's (becoming)the problem BB.
No-one wants to get sued or prosecuted so these groups are referring the 'victims' back and forth like a tennis ball.

Really? I have four Yorkshire-based cut-out guys in my contact list who all do these. Are you perhaps thinking about pest control companies? I don't mean them - very few of them will or should do honeybee work.

I presume the only way to get them out of the tree is to cut a section out and find the queen to remove her into a hive?

You can probably get them out with Bee Quick.

Put a nuc with old comb and swarm attractant near the hole and in contact with the tree so they can crawl into it, give it a day for them to notice it then squirt Bee Quick into the hole and wait for them to come out.

Put a nuc with old comb and swarm attractant near the hole and in contact with the tree so they can crawl into it, give it a day for them to notice it then squirt Bee Quick into the hole and wait for them to come out.
Not needed. The bees are sensibly being left to live in the tree

Probably not, unless you've been on the spot and assessed the nest.

More likely that they'll hide in the furthest corner. Use BeeQuick once (on a trunk opened like a book) and it made them run all over the place (except where we wanted them) to escape the fumes; discovered why when I breathed it in. Never again.

Probably not, unless you've been on the spot and assessed the nest.

More likely that they'll hide in the furthest corner. Use BeeQuick once (on a trunk opened like a book) and it made them run all over the place (except where we wanted them) to escape the fumes; discovered why when I breathed it in. Never again.
Beeqick is not the silliest idea I’ve used it successfully before to clear bees. The problem I’d suggest is getting it into the top of the cavity to actually drive them out the front door.

Really? I have four Yorkshire-based cut-out guys in my contact list who all do these. Are you perhaps thinking about pest control companies? I don't mean them - very few of them will or should do honeybee work.
No,that's the missing link locally.
There are the pest control,council,bka here all playing Wimbledon.
A startup opportunity for some young hero perhaps-who has a thick fleece and a winter job as well.

[/QUOTE]
corner. Use BeeQuick once (on a trunk opened like a book) and it made them run all over the place (except where we wanted them) to escape the fumes; discovered why when I breathed it in. Never again.

Probably because you'd opened the cavity. I used it last weekend to get bees out of cavity in a house wall. Applied it away from the entrance and the bees left through it. It'd probably take more creativity to get to the back of a cavity in a tree but certainly feasible.

No,that's the missing link locally.
There are the pest control,council,bka here all playing Wimbledon.
A startup opportunity for some young hero perhaps-who has a thick fleece and a winter job as well.

I bet there are at least some in your area. Find someone you know who uses Facebook, get them to join UK Bee Removers, and ask on that forum who is in your area. Then you'll have contacts for whenever you need them in future.

Back