Bees and Garlic...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timaye100

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi,

Hopefully not too much of a dumb question but...

As of April / May this year, I will bee keeping bees in my cottage garden. I am siting them to one side of my cottage, very close to some beds of strong garlic.

I assume bees don't mind Garlic (I have seen beehives sited amongst wild garlic before).

Any views more than welcome.

Cheers
Tim

Forget the alarm pheromone, just watch out for their breath.:willy_nilly:

Bees like wild garlic flowers so I don't reckon that'll be a problem. Honey should have an interesting taste!

Hi,

Hopefully not too much of a dumb question but...

As of April / May this year, I will bee keeping bees in my cottage garden. I am siting them to one side of my cottage, very close to some beds of strong garlic.

I assume bees don't mind Garlic (I have seen beehives sited amongst wild garlic before).

Any views more than welcome.

Cheers
Tim

No problem.
Moreover there is an advantage - the garlic, the onions and the tomatoes keep the ants away from your apiary.

The best garlic recipe on garlic festival

A radio reporter asked from president of garlic festival, what is the best recipe to enjoy garlic.

- crusch 20 nails of garlic. Put them into half litre vodka and let it stay 6 months
- what is good in that?

- when you arrive to festival, you have allready from start the taste of old vodka in your mouth and your breath aroma is like at the end of festival.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back