Beekeeping Survey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalemna

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
How can training and information sources for beekeepers and bee farmers be improved? Have your say by taking our survey. Defra and the Welsh Government want to ensure that beekeepers and bee farmers have access to training and information that can help them implement effective biosecurity and maintain good standards of husbandry, so as to minimise pest and disease risks and improve the sustainability of honeybee populations. A short questionnaire is available for current beekeepers, people who have recently stopped keeping bees as well as bee farmers to give their views and opinions on the type, accessibility and range of training and information available and how it could be improved. Please use this link (https://eu5se.voxco.com/S2/87/healthy_bees/?urlimport=1&questlist=lang&lang=cy) to complete the survey by 21 April. For English, please follow this link: https://eu5se.voxco.com/S2/87/healthy_bees

It should take no more than 15 minutes. Please share this post with other beekeepers (current and former!) and bee farmers. Thank you!

Last edited:
Don’t let the BBKA have anything to do with it? 😉
BIBBA do a better job on training ZOOM meets than the BBKA who appear to have done none.

I find it hard to write the above but it is true.
During lockdown the BBKA have shown how useful they are in a pandemic: . As useful as a chocolate teapot..

..............to ensure that beekeepers and bee farmers have access to training and information that can help them implement effective biosecurity and maintain good standards of husbandry, so as to minimise pest and disease risks and improve the sustainability of honeybee populations..................
Sounds rather like an invitation for a particular breed of fanaticism to be used for some other purpose to me.

I quote from the introduction:
"The Plan is a 10-year programme of partnership working between Defra, the Welsh Government and stakeholders designed to protect and improve the health of honeybees in England and Wales."

Without wishing to project any underpinnings of fanatic nationalism, I fail to see how the Welsh Government can have ANY input into English beekeeping.

I therefore refuse to take part.

Without wishing to project any underpinnings of fanatic nationalism,
You failed there then
I fail to see how the Welsh Government can have ANY input into English beekeeping.
You have also failed to realise that DEFRA can have no input (Apart from the NBU) on beekeeping in Wales, hence the bipartisan approach. DEFRA has minimal say on matters Welsh, and WG have a separate funding stream for the NBU.
So once you take the blinkers off you will realise we want no part or input into English beekeeping, but DEFRA will - so this is a partnership agreement.

Sounds rather like an invitation for a particular breed of fanaticism to be used for some other purpose to me.
Yes, unfortunately they have infiltrated the higher echelons of the NBU hence the obsession on beebase for shook swarms and matchsticks under crownboards

Latest posts

Back