beekeeper looking allotment advice.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allotment

Hi

Have you tried asking the guy on the next allotment..he might have the answers to your questions

roy

Hi

Have you tried asking the guy on the next allotment..he might have the answers to your questions

roy

its only a very small one with two of us at the minute and both of us are as stupid about the whole thing as each other...ad be as well just asking myself as asking him...;o|

been growing vegetables now a few years and have a million questions to ask...is there a vegetable grower/allotment forum that anyboby would recommend?
Darren.

Don't you keep a note book of your sucesses and flops?

I am lucky as I share an allotment with an old hand. He has however welcomed the varieties I have grown on the plot as they are not what he would normally grow.

I would recommend 3 books:- Joy Larkcom – Grow Your Own Vegetables (deemed to be the bible amongst growers), Alan Buckingham - Allotment Month by Month (A DK book so loads of pictures and easy to read whilst being helpful) and Lia Leendertz – The Half Hour Allotment (Good as it suggests how many plants to grow).

We are fortunate in that we have a polytunnel and for that I would recommend Gatter & McKee – How to grow food in your polytunnel all year round (good because they are British so you know they are growing things for our weather. Some American books appear good but are written for warmer areas than the UK so not much help)

Latest posts

Back