Beecraft + BBKA new style newsletter!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiseww

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 hives
For those of you who get both of these I presume you noticed that there was a lot of information/articles the same in both which seems somewhat daft. :confused:
Louise

Looks like BBKA news is stomping on Beecaft territory.
Mine arrived on the same day.

But they are both BBKA publications aren't they? I'm sure Beecraft says "The official jounrnal of the BBKA" on the front.

Beecraft is a private limited company owned by the associations rather than BBKA. Indeed the BBKA recently tried to remove the "Official Journal Status", a move that was rejected by the associations. Now I suspect that the BBKA is trying to compete with Beecraft but can not think why

Beecraft is a private limited company owned by the associations rather than BBKA. Indeed the BBKA recently tried to remove the "Official Journal Status", a move that was rejected by the associations. Now I suspect that the BBKA is trying to compete with Beecraft but can not think why

Because they think they can do as well or better. They probably can't. But they'll probably try to get the advertising from Bee Craft. Not much chance of them achieving that, mind.

For those of you who get both of these I presume you noticed that there was a lot of information/articles the same in both which seems somewhat daft. :confused:
Louise

Is it the same information or the same type of information due to the time of year?

Beecraft is a private limited company owned by the associations rather than BBKA.
I think you will find that BeeCraft is owned by some of the Associations, not by all of them.
Ruary

When I started beekeeping 2 years ago I assumed that there was a glossy commercial monthly magazine available. Something similar to smallholder or farmers weekly. For a community of many thousands it is poorly served I feel.
Sam

When I started beekeeping 2 years ago I assumed that there was a glossy commercial monthly magazine available. Something similar to smallholder or farmers weekly. For a community of many thousands it is poorly served I feel.
Sam

Perhaps Admin could start one using everything on this site and more from us! I started taking Beekeeping Quarterly recently, it seems much more scientific but is very international, so I am still searching for one that suits me - I like to read about the scientific research on bees which is from a credible source. Any suggestions??:toetap05:
Louise

I agree, BBKA has very similar articles this month to BeeCraft and now it has the colour pictures too! Have already been thinking it isn't worth paying for BeeCraft if that is going to be the case. Think they are going to find lots of people jump ship.

Feel quite sorry for Beecraft, its a decent magazine but must surely fail if the BBKA are offering similar for free. There was a comment in a recent issue which suggested they were far from happy with the new arrangement

Perhaps they need the extra revenue to pay for the full time chief exec. or whatever she is called.

Perhaps they need the extra revenue to pay for the full time chief exec. or whatever she is called.

The BBKA newsletter offering is free.

And anyway they put up their capitation (subscription) to pay for that.

The BBKA newsletter offering is free.

In what way is it free...

Its not entirely free then,like junk mail is.

I say its free in reply to PeterS saying that the BBKA gets extra revenue from it.

Latest posts

Back