Bee Keeper wanted - offer of land for bee keeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer Alex

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello All,

Im not a bee keeper, just a simple farmer.

I have a small, private, spinny set into one of my fields, which in turn is on a very quiet road in the middle of the country side. Inside of the spinny is hidden from view by trees / bushes etc from all.

Would this appeal to any memeber interested in putting their hives there?

If so please drop me a message.

The farm is situated near Haxey DN9 postcode.

Kind regards.

Doncaster and district has several members in the Westwoodside and Haxey area

pm sent

Hello All,

Im not a bee keeper, just a simple farmer.

I have a small, private, spinny set into one of my fields, which in turn is on a very quiet road in the middle of the country side. Inside of the spinny is hidden from view by trees / bushes etc from all.

Would this appeal to any memeber interested in putting their hives there?

If so please drop me a message.

The farm is situated near Haxey DN9 postcode.

Kind regards.

Farmer Alex

On behalf of bee keepers nationwide thank you for your kind invitation. Sadly being in the south I can't accept your kind offer but wish you well.

Hachi

What a kind offer - sadly I am too far away in Lancashire. But should any other farmers wish to make it known that they would like hives on their land, I am sure this forum would welcome it

too far for me I hope someone take you up on your offer, and thanks for taking the effort of posting im sure someone will come along

Hive Site

Hi Farmer Alex,

what a great offer, I hope you can find a suitable 'partner'

It can be quite difficult for people with land to let beekeepers know that they're willing to have a hive and visa-versa: there are loads of beeks with spare hives looking for a home.

The WBKW have developed a widget for their site to help bring the parties together, it's called 'Hive Locator' and can be found on their site wbka.com or fill in the blanks to this:

www'DOT'wbka'DOT'com/hive-locator/

It's not actually being officially launched until April 16th (start of National gardening week) so currently has no/very few locations on it so spread the word, the more listings the better.

Martin

Farmer Alex,

Like others I am too far away from Yorkshire to take up your offer. However, I guess you can see from the replies to date, how appreciative the beekeeping fraternity is to have such a pro-active farmer as yourself. If ever you decide to leave the frozen north to farm further south, you will be warmly welcome in Kent!!

Hi I'm not far away from haxey, would the spinney still be a available to put some bee hives in? Thanks

Back