Bee Hives Vandalized

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if some of the information is not correct what is the point in doing such of a thing..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44613212

Years ago I had kids throwing stones at the 2 hives that I had back then. Needless to say they only threw stones for the one day. I remember reading about an American Beekeeper back then who saw kids throwing stones at his hives and smashing them to pieces, but instead of telling them off he joined in.

Pre-meditated vandalism without a care for colonies. I just hope they had to go to hospital for repeated stings and the Police can trace them.

Pre-meditated vandalism without a care for colonies. I just hope they had to go to hospital for repeated stings and the Police can trace them.

I would have loved to have seen the reaction if someone decided to try that silly stunt with the bees i used to have, they would probably still be running..:D

I'm sorry, but that doesn't ring true to me, based on the photo in the article. Where are all the frames from the up-turned boxes? Why is there a queen excluder in the roof? Where are the bees? Bees usually stick around the hive when they're knocked over, even in the pissing rain. Maybe somebody nicked the frames with bees on - but I doubt it.....

It looks to me like these were stacks of stored boxes.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't ring true to me, based on the photo in the article. Where are all the frames from the up-turned boxes? Why is there a queen excluder in the roof? Where are the bees? Bees usually stick around the hive when they're knocked over, even in the pissing rain. Maybe somebody nicked the frames with bees on - but I doubt it.....

It looks to me like these were stacks of stored boxes.

Don't apologize just read my original post ..;)

Latest posts

Back