Bee Dance

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Co / Durham / Co Cleveland and Northumberland
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
17 nucs....
I have seen the waggle dance and seen them run around in circles which i know what that is all about.. however i have seen a lot different of activity which normally involves 2 bee's usually when it been has been raining..
It's on the paving stones around the hive i have witnessed this and sometimes on the landing board..
The worker's take in turn to waggle there abdomen up and down on the other bee then walk around them and do it again.. it almost look's like they are going to sting each other but they don't.. could it be the rain washing pheromones of causing confusion or could it be a way of accepting bee's begging to join this group.. or is it something normal that no one know's any thing about..? .

Dorso ventricular abdominal vibratory dance? Usually trying to recruit for work duty if I'm right on which dance you mean.:)

It does also happen on nice sunny day's but Midnight makes sense to me.. does it mean the old bee's are telling the youngster's to get there arse into gear and get a move on.. lol

As far as I'm aware...yes. But I could be wrong as I'm going off your description rather than seeing it. There may be other posters who believe different.:)

Could be just one of the girls showing how to shake her 'booty'!;)

As far as I'm aware...yes. But I could be wrong as I'm going off your description rather than seeing it. There may be other posters who believe different.:)

Could be just one of the girls showing how to shake her 'booty'!;)
Lol.. My grammar is terrible as i have been told many times.. but my understanding of nature has not been questioned as yet ?.. this forum could well be the end of me.. lol.. on the booty shaking .. i will go with your explanation..
Thank's
Steve.

Latest posts

Back