Bee base benefits.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
once Curly is commercial he can get his DASH accreditation and be responsible for his own inspections but it is crucial to get notice of what’s happening round you if your business is bees.
I've been looking 82 hives in a 10 km area I wanted to see where abouts they are postcode?
Lots more when you add where the out apiaries are.

Last edited:
Lots more when you add where the out apiaries are.
You've lost me now - the number in the 10KM (or whatever radius you choose) is the total number of registered apiaries in the area, when you go into 'my apiaries' on beebase, you list every apiary you have, plus it's location (OS coordinates and, if you want, the postcode)
I wanted to see where abouts they are postcode?
You're not going to get that, for a start it would be a breach of GDPR regulations,unless it's your apiary, only the NBU has access otherwise every bee thief in the UK would register on beebase just to find where all the remote out apiaries are.

You've lost me now - the number in the 10KM (or whatever radius you choose) is the total number of registered apiaries in the area, when you go into 'my apiaries' on beebase, you list every apiary you have, plus it's location (OS coordinates and, if you want, the postcode)

You're not going to get that, for a start it would be a breach of GDPR regulations,unless it's your apiary, only the NBU has access otherwise every bee thief in the UK would register on beebase just to find where all the remote out apiaries are.
Thanks both that explains it, jbm It was 82 in a 10 km radius from our now main home apairy.
I also need to amend my details and add our out apiarys Which will expand that 10km and numbers somewhat.

I also need to amend my details and add our out apiarys Which will expand that 10km and numbers somewhat.
Then when you click on any of your apiaries it will give you the number of hives within a radius of that

Much of the apiary/colony density info on beebase is nonsense. Good intentions...but misleading in practice.

They do not purge the system of inactive apiaries and as a consequence you have all the one season locations of migratory p[ollinators showing up as apiaries forever and a day.....also there are still a remarkably high proportion not registered.

They do not purge the system of inactive apiaries and as a consequence you have all the one season locations of migratory p[ollinators showing up as apiaries forever and a day.....also there are still a remarkably high proportion not registered.

What he said ☝☝ Plus, those who decide to get bees in the garden (wouldn't that be nice dear), join the local BKA, get told to register on BeeBase, and then kill / lose their bees and give up, never to try again. But still registered as an apiary.

Latest posts

Back